TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Removing BOTH rear wheels at the same time?

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by smorgasbord, Sep 3, 2019.

1. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

OK, so we all know that lifting a Roadster by both rear jack points is a bad idea:
    [​IMG]

So, how can one remove both rear wheels at the same time?

I was thinking something like this: Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 2.12.44 PM.png

How fancy do I need to be with that wood block?

Any other ideas?

2. smorgasbord

One potential concern is that I assume the brake rotor is held on tightly by the wheel itself. Yes, there a bolt or two holding the rotor, but I don't think the rotor was designed to support the vehicle's weight that way.

So I assume this means I'd need to find a way to support via the control arms....

3. im4uttx

im4uttx Supporting Member

Slight correction....there are not any rear jack points, only front and side jack points... :)

The side lift points lift front and rear on the side of attack.

So, if you want to take both rear wheels off at the same time, you would have to access the rear "lift" points:

Attached Files:

4. smorgasbord

OK, so I remembered that I had an old front wheel with some damage that I've been meaning to fix/give away. So this was my solution:

IMG_5126.jpg

5. Timothy

Timothy Driving on Sunshine

BTW, the top photo i NOT a Roadser!

6. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

Did this when replacing the rear toe links. The front wheels were securely chocked. IMG_6733.jpg