TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Removing bug splat on clean car

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by octoad, Jun 3, 2018.

1. octoad

octoad Member

What's the best (safest) way to remove bug debris from my new, clean TM3?

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Get a quick detailer spray

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

I use Sonax Insect Remover.

4. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

dryer sheet and water and use a clay bar after...

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

You can also do this with a microfiber towel using the same solution in the bottle. Just like everything else in life, use a lot of the lubricant and the bugs will all come off... (man that sounds weird)....

6. Zythryn

Zythryn M3 Silver, M3 Midnight Silver

Hydrate it!
    If you just soak a microfibre towel and soak the bug for a fairly short time it wipes off fairly easily.
    At least that has worked well for me. Please note, I have a ceramic coat which may make it easier.

7. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

I prepare and carry a 7:1 solution of distilled water and ONR Blue (Optimum No Rinse without the wax that the green variant has) in a repurposed pint spray bottle.

And a supply of microfiber shop towels.

Good for any surface.

Remember - linear wipes - not circular, and lightly. Pre-spraying large deposits tends to help.

• Like x 1
  8. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

Burning bug splat with this may do the trick. Elon made it, so it must be intended for this purpose.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Funny x 4
  9. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

My body shop guy recommended Purple Power from the parts store. Suggested diluting it. I spray the bugs before I put soap on the car. They wipe off pretty easily.

His goal is usually to take wax/polish off (or simply not a consideration) so we'll see if that's the downside. I just waxed it for the first time yesterday.

Then again, the bugs don't stick as bad to wax so maybe it won't be necessary now.