Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing chrome trim by windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm a problem solver so I just figured I would take a look at it and figure it out.

Heres how you do it

1) Open your door.
2) Locate where the trim meets the door frame
3) Gently, but firmly lift and work your way down until you can remove the trim.

Putting it back on is basically the same in reverse. You line up the trim with the frame, get it on the rail, and start pushing firmly down.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future!

If you haven’t figured it out by now.. the trim above the window actually “pops” off toward the front window, pop that up, the end towards the rear window just slides away. But after removing the rubber seal, there’ll be a few screws actually holding the chrome piece in place.

Can anyone clear this up? I’m confused. Does the rubber seal need to be removed prior popping/screws? A video would be awesome!

yes pull the trim down and remove the screws and then once all removed slide forward and be careful with this the rear plastic wedge can easily be broken if you just pull or rotate out away from the car. If you do break it not a show stopper just lose some rigidity where the rear meets the small chrome <

Reactions: HitUpOlas
So I'm a problem solver so I just figured I would take a look at it and figure it out.

Heres how you do it

1) Open your door.
2) Locate where the trim meets the door frame
3) Gently, but firmly lift and work your way down until you can remove the trim.

Putting it back on is basically the same in reverse. You line up the trim with the frame, get it on the rail, and start pushing firmly down.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future!

What did you end up doing to help align the trim pieve? Did you have to mess with the trim or what I'm assuming is a metal window flange that needs "encouragement".

Andrew