Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing Enhanced Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I have an order for a MY placed back in April which seems to indicate a September delivery. I have originally specced it with Enhanced autopilot but had second thoughts and I rather save the money initially, does anyone know if you can remove that and not affect the car delivery? Thanks

Hey all, I have an order for a MY placed back in April which seems to indicate a September delivery. I have originally specced it with Enhanced autopilot but had second thoughts and I rather save the money initially, does anyone know if you can remove that and not affect the car delivery? Thanks
Are you sure about what you’re saying? Enhanced Auto Pilot wasn’t being offered until a month or so ago. How much was what you ordered? You sure it wasn’t Full Self Driving? Thats $12,000. All that being said, it is my understanding that you can remove any software upgrade without affecting your EDD (Estimated Delivery Date).

Are you sure about what you’re saying? Enhanced Auto Pilot wasn’t being offered until a month or so ago. How much was what you ordered? You sure it wasn’t Full Self Driving? Thats $12,000. All that being said, it is my understanding that you can remove any software upgrade without affecting your EDD (Estimated Delivery Date).
OP is in the UK. If I recall there are other countries laws and regulations that required allowing EAP to continue to exist because some FSD capabilities are not allowed.

Reactions: NJEV-Don
If one downgrades from FSD to Enhanced AP, does anyone know if upgrade back to FSD later is possible and what the cost would be? Does the cost lock in when you choose Enhanced AP or will it be half of what full FSD costs at the time you choose to upgrade back to FSD?

If one downgrades from FSD to Enhanced AP, does anyone know if upgrade back to FSD later is possible and what the cost would be? Does the cost lock in when you choose Enhanced AP or will it be half of what full FSD costs at the time you choose to upgrade back to FSD?
In theory, it is forward compatible. At least right now. Down the road you may need HWX.X to support the FSD version, but let's say you changed your mind a month after receipt, it'd be no issue.

As for cost: my understanding is the cost would be the current cost difference between EAP and FSD, so 6K USD.