Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing Front License Plate Bracket, what kind of screw is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if its a dumb question, but what kind of screw is this thats holding the license plate braket in the front? This one is located underneath. No idea how to remove this

koThvt9.jpg

EDIT: After searching it seems that this is a proprietary screw, and the easiest way to remove it is to just use a 90degree plyer and slowly unscrew it.

Last edited:
THe
Sorry if its a dumb question, but what kind of screw is this thats holding the license plate braket in the front? This one is located underneath. No idea how to remove this

koThvt9.jpg

EDIT: After searching it seems that this is a proprietary screw, and the easiest way to remove it is to just use a 90degree plyer and slowly unscrew it.

These guys make a custom bit that will fit it, not sure it'd be worth the cost unless you were removing and putting back on frequently or you owned a detailing shop and needed to take them off clients cars.

TSE10TP5

In addition to the proprietary head, it's also at an awkward angle and location. I just used a cheap 90 degree needle nose plier I grabbed at Harbor Freight. Only took ~1.5 turns before it was finger loose (although I did it 15 minutes after buying my car, so maybe I got lucky).

Get your heat gun ready to heat up the adhesive underneath the black bracket brace that's underneath the painted cover. It's got a thick bead all around the entire perimeter and is sticky as hell.