Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing FSD Pre-Delivery

msc777

Feb 21, 2021
Pittsburgh
Considering removing FSD for a LR MY I ordered about 2 weeks ago. If I click the button to remove FSD, will my LR still be priced at the 48,990 that I got when I put in my order? The only thing I have to agree on via the click says: "Yes, remove Full Self-Driving ($10,000) and keep Autopilot. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle."

Nowhere does it say the price will adjusted. I've heard mixed messaging on this and I reached out to my SA but no reply...

msc777

Feb 21, 2021
Pittsburgh
I imagine it'd be fine.
Out of curiosity, why do you want to remove FSD?
Do you think Elon's "Download Button" isn't going to become a thing?
Multiple reasons but mostly it is hard for me to justify the 10k considering:

1. My annual mileage is below average so I just won't use it as much as many others
2. I've heard mixed messages regarding it from my friend who own Tesla's.
3. I would ideally want to try 1-2 months of a subscription before paying for it
4. Unclear how long I'd need to own the car to make worthwhile. Planning for at least 5 years, but still.

OCJeff

Feb 18, 2021
SoCal
If you make any changes your configuration will adjust to the current pricing. The sales agreement is re-written when you make any changes.

Maybe call your SA and see if they can do it on the back-end?

For me I would never include FSD with the purchase only because it affects car registration fees (at least here in CA). I would add it after sale to avoid that.

Edit: Re-reading your post, it looks like it's allowing you to extract and remove just the FSD? It looks like that may not be the same a reconfiguration then.

msc777

Feb 21, 2021
Pittsburgh
Edit: Re-reading your post, it looks like it's allowing you to extract and remove just the FSD? It looks like that may not be the same a reconfiguration then.

This is where I'm confused. It is literally a button on the page and when I click it, it asks me to uncheck the box related to FSD and to check a box and acknowledge this specific statement: "Yes, remove Full Self-Driving ($10,000) and keep Autopilot. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle."

I'm asking my SA for details, but I would be very unhappy if I proceed with the above click and instead of it simply being the removal of FSD at 10k, it reprices the whole car which would be a net reduction of 9,000 based on current pricing. If she confirms I can add later, 90% chance I will do that. If she tells me it will cost me $1k to remove I'm not sure what I'll do. I did get a VIN today...

UT4EVER

Jun 22, 2020
Georgia
I removed FSD on my order the day before delivery..... Since the funds had already been paid, they refunded me the difference. The only problem was 4-6 weeks for refunds.....

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC