Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing FSD Pre-Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on what others here have said, I removed FSD from my order yesterday using the the remove button in my online account. I had no price increase even though there have been two since I first ordered, and my delivery date stayed the same. Success!
Where are you seeing the remove FSD button? I don't see the option on my order. I'm getting ready for final payment and then delivery over the next week. Does it appear after you connect your bank info for final payment? Or somewhere else?

Last edited:
Yep that's why I want to remove it until after purchase, as I overlooked the increase in car registration fees, which won't apply if I get it after delivery. Ugh, my SA says he can't remove it without reconfiguring the price
Can someone share some kind of proof that removing FSD by using that button will not change the price. Tesla is saying:

‘Forums can be compelling and persuasive, but I'm afraid anecdotal customer stories of a range of experiences doesn't qualify as written proof.

I apologize if you received incorrect information from a sales rep, but there is nothing I can do without written verification of the assurances you received’

so they still think that removing FSD should put you on the new price, I was trying to get my original price because they told me to remove it by using configurator and I told them that if I used that button I would not get a new price but they do not believe me and they all think that it will put you on the new price.

I removed my FSD after clicking the blue button to accept Tesla vision yesterday afternoon. No price increase and they sent me a new purchase agreement with $10k off by removing Tesla vision
It’s difficult to keep track…I don’t blame you. One says this one says the other…
Can you share how you removed the FSD? I just accepted the Tesla Vision prompt but I don't see a way to remove FSD on my account. Did you do it through your SA or Tesla support?

I have two reservations, a 3 and an S, both made with FSD. Since the reservations were placed prices on the configuration have changed. I’m debating removing FSD now that subscription has come out. SA said it will update my price to current price book…any way around this?

Can you share how you removed the FSD? I just accepted the Tesla Vision prompt but I don't see a way to remove FSD on my account. Did you do it through your SA or Tesla support?
Hi,
I apologize for the late reply. At the bottom corner after I accepted "Tesla vision", there is a button that said remove full self driving. (see picture). Somehow, after I clicked that, it updated to autopilot only and didn't adjust the price.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 7.19.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 7.19.37 AM.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 120
Considering removing FSD for a LR MY I ordered about 2 weeks ago. If I click the button to remove FSD, will my LR still be priced at the 48,990 that I got when I put in my order? The only thing I have to agree on via the click says: "Yes, remove Full Self-Driving ($10,000) and keep Autopilot. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle."

Nowhere does it say the price will adjusted. I've heard mixed messaging on this and I reached out to my SA but no reply...
How did you get that price two weeks ago? Is that the 'off menu' single motor option?

Also, I keep seeing references to being asked to 'Accept Tesla vision'. I've never been asked that--is it something that only applies to folks who included FSD, or does it came late in the process? Or possibly because I ordered after the radar was removed it's N/A for me?

Last edited:
How did you get that price two weeks ago? Is that the 'off menu' single motor option?

Also, I keep seeing references to being asked to 'Accept Tesla vision'. I've never been asked that--is it something that only applies to folks who included FSD, or does it came late in the process? Or possibly because I ordered after the radar was removed it's N/A for me?
2 weeks ago was back in March

Reactions: Wigan
I am in the same boat, I locked the price in April and now it is August when i reactivated my contract. I am saving 4000$ on the base price. My SA is saying the similar thing that removing the option is going to rewrite the contract and change delivery date. I am holding on to it coz now FSD is $6000 for me.

I am in the same boat, I locked the price in April and now it is August when i reactivated my contract. I am saving 4000$ on the base price. My SA is saying the similar thing that removing the option is going to rewrite the contract and change delivery date. I am holding on to it coz now FSD is $6000 for me.
I am worried, removing FSD will cost me $4000 more as per my SA unless it is not true.

Does anyone know what happens if you remove FSD from an inventory car after purchase? I just purchased an inventory car online yesterday and am picking it up this weekend. I removed FSD since I don't think that it is really worth it right now and probably wouldn't use it a lot. But I would be interested in trying a monthly subscription for it just to use it for a while and see if it could change my mind. My question is, since I removed FSD from an inventory car, do I assume they keep the FSD computer and HW3 installed on it or would I have to pay the $1000 to have the computer installed to allow me to use FSD?

Adding a data point here in case helpful - I was able to remove FSD with the self-service button in 'my account'; it generates a new order agreement PDF but base price of vehicle did not change despite the MY base price increasing yesterday. My order has not yet been assigned a VIN, in case that's relevant.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile and Wigan
Well, kind of sad; I just put my order on hold. It was easy, I just called the number listed for Tyson's Corner but apparently it's a generic national number. I got an answer right away. All he asked was how long I wanted to put it on hold, I said about three months while I finish my move, and he said fine. Twenty seconds of clicking and it was done. Just to be sure I confirmed with him that it would stay on hold until I called and he said 'yes'. So somebody somewhere waiting for white on white just moved up a notch. I wanted to do it before I got a VIN and make it easier for everybody.