Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing FSD Pre-Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read all of this thread, and wanted to provide a current update for future users looking for an answer here. I ordered a MY LR back on 10/3/21, locking in a $53990 base price. We added the FSD at that time as well. Received an order #, which I assume is the number that starts with the letters “RN.” We have been staring at that “remove FSD” button for some time now, trying to decide what to do. We finally pulled the trigger this morning and removed FSD, hoping that it would keep our base price and not force us up to the now $58,990 base price announced today (11/12/21). Happy to report that it DID NOT increase our price, and a new order agreement got emailed to us right after you hit that button and “uncheck” the FSD option.
I would avoid calling your SA with this question, because it seems like most have been programmed to respond with what I’m calling a “semi-bluff” when they tell you your price will jump up to current pricing. It isn’t true. We just proved it isn’t the case. Now I want to also include the following to give it context:
We chose the payment option of cash instead of finance, and the only option we changed was the removal of FSD. It does alert you that you will not be able to make any other changes to the configuration from here forward.

Good luck all…hope this helps the group.

Reactions: Piscado
Read all of this thread, and wanted to provide a current update for future users looking for an answer here. I ordered a MY LR back on 10/3/21, locking in a $53990 base price. We added the FSD at that time as well. Received an order #, which I assume is the number that starts with the letters “RN.” We have been staring at that “remove FSD” button for some time now, trying to decide what to do. We finally pulled the trigger this morning and removed FSD, hoping that it would keep our base price and not force us up to the now $58,990 base price announced today (11/12/21). Happy to report that it DID NOT increase our price, and a new order agreement got emailed to us right after you hit that button and “uncheck” the FSD option.
I would avoid calling your SA with this question, because it seems like most have been programmed to respond with what I’m calling a “semi-bluff” when they tell you your price will jump up to current pricing. It isn’t true. We just proved it isn’t the case. Now I want to also include the following to give it context:
We chose the payment option of cash instead of finance, and the only option we changed was the removal of FSD. It does alert you that you will not be able to make any other changes to the configuration from here forward.

Good luck all…hope this helps the group.
Roger - This was super helpful. I had the same experience. Removed FSD and kept the original price from April 2021!

Just removed FSD after paying the entire amount (finance check was already cashed too). Nothing changed, except the FSD was removed and they will issue a refund in 30-90 days, which isn't too bad.
Kept my original pricing as well as the delivery date.

🤞🤞🤞

Attachments

• E6EDAF61-E718-4B63-BE4E-BB5B870EDCD9.jpeg
    E6EDAF61-E718-4B63-BE4E-BB5B870EDCD9.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 176
I did it a couple of weeks ago, still wondering if I made the right choice, but my wife talked me into it and convinced me that it's the "responsible" thing to do -- not that this argument has ever stopped me from spending money on gadgets before. But this is a pretty expensive gadget. Oh, well, I'm sure I'll buy it for $15k a few months from now, when I could have kept it for the original price of $12k. And I'm already planning to buy EAP as soon as I receive the vehicle. But for the moment I was able to remove FSD without any difficulty.

If you purchase a used Tesla or a new one from existing inventory, can you have FSD removed prior to purchase, thus lowering the price? I expect not but just thought I'd ask...

Used Tesla - No
New Tesla - Yes

For those who have EAP, does the in-app purchase to FSD $9K? Also, is the monthly subscription to FSD $99 (with EAP)?

Removing the $12K FSD, buying EAP, subscribing to FSD might be the sweet spot, depending how long one is planning on keeping the car.

That is my understanding and was my plan, EAP with FSD subscription as needed.

Reactions: snovvman