Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing Model S center console to "downgrade" to Yacht floor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there... I've already done a search but I can't seem to find a conclusive answer.

Has any successfully downgraded their Center Console S to the older style yacht floor?

I've got a 2016 Facelift S with the center console. After driving a loaner with the Yacht floor my wife and I have decided it fits our usage scenario much better than the center console. I've found directions to remove the center console, but what isn't clear is if there is a Yacht floor underneath, or if you'd need to buy those components, or if an actual downgrade is really feasible/doable.

Here is the research I've found.

Has anyone figured out how to remove the Premium Center Console?

Has anyone figured out how to remove the Premium Center Console?

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

Remove center console?

• Helpful
Reactions: Olle and TaoJones
Might be interested in this as well, I like the center console but for me personally I don't have a "need" for it really and liked the open feel of the yacht floor of my previous P85D. Was always an ahh moment when people got in and were like oh it's so open.

What exactly is a Yacht floor? Google image search reveals nothing more than a center console that is shallower and slightly different design. Is that what a yacht floor is? Doesnt appear any more open to me, just looks like one big storage bin.