Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing mud flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have experience in removing RPM Tesla mud flaps? I purchased another set from Amazon that seem to be more secure and a better fit, but I can’t get the ones I installed originally off of the MY.
Just reverse the install process. Check the videos in the RPM website. Just need to remove the push pins - probably easier to remove than install. What specifically are you having difficulty removing?

Not as simple as you might think. The push pins, which are threaded like a screw, don’t turn when you try to unscrew them. And when you try to pry them out they offer a lot of resistance to being removed.
Maybe try puncturing the seat of the pin to keep it place while unscrewing? I was assuming the pin is threaded into the seat but maybe not.

Last edited:
I have that tool and it works very well indeed. Though I used the automatic mud flap removal method. 1) Lower your model y too much, 2) then leave a business where the driveway curb is very high and abrupt, 3) be sure to NOT drive out in a diagonal manner - hit the exit curb straight. If you go slow enough the mud flap will drop straight down on the concrete and be removed, or partially removed.

• Funny
Reactions: 101dals and alexcue
After going through 2 sets of RPM's mud flaps I too have the same issue in getting the plastic "el cheapo" screw fasters out - and that tool won't help. I'm going to drill the screw in faster out and be done with their products.