Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing rear jump seats in model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes, easy. two big Torx (T40 or T45) bolts visible just below the seats when they are up I think (it was a while ago I took mine out). undo them and that's the lot, the whole thing lifts out. it is pretty heavy so worth doing for sure, and also gains you a load of space.
the only thing is you'll have two gaps in your carpet under the lower trunk cover bit. if it bothers you then you can probably get a whole new trunk liner without them but won't be cheap.

Upvote 0
And… make sure to save the side latch/brackets. There are still people looking for jump seats and those brackets are the key parts required, which you can’t purchase anymore. Granted, early cars must already have the bumper reinforcement to accommodate the jump seats, but if you’re going to sell them, you need to include the brackets.

Upvote 0
I removed mine & yes very easy. I ran the bolts back into the sliding nuts so they wouldn't escape as it looked a pain to fish them out without risking dropping them. There are a couple of hooks that stick out in the boot but they are OK or can be used for a luggage net etc.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know exactly (or roughly) how heavy the MS 3rd row jump seats are? I'd be interested in taking them out of a new one I might buy, or at least take them out for big trips to save weight and gain space. Are they ~100 lbs? 50?
I'd say 25kg (50lbs). Can't say I can tell the difference in terms of wh/mile between in and out but certainly makes sense to remove if you don't need them. Makes more of a difference on storage space

Reactions: nicedrum
Upvote 0