TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Removing rear quarter window chrome molding.

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by 4thgendj, Jul 20, 2016.

1. 4thgendj

4thgendj New Member

Im not a big fan of chrome on newer cars. Im having all the chrome professionally painted and to do that i need to remove it all first. Ive gotten all of it off except for the the reveal molding that runs above both doors and around the quarter window. I got the screws that are under the weather strips on the apertures of the doors, i just cant get it to release from the window portion. Anybody have any idea how to do it? Any website i can refer to?

2. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

Why not do something like Plastidip yourself? It isn't permanent and you can play around with colors. For the trim you're having problems removing, tape around your car and just spray the trim.

Dip Your Car - World Famous Peelable Auto Paint

3. UnpluggedP

UnpluggedP Vendor

We offer chrome delete services and are located in California

4. Terra117

Terra117 Member

The chrome trim is adhered with "glue" intended to be permanent, as opposed to press fit trim on all other cars. If you manage to remove it, you will need some kind of adhesive tape to reattach, and that might be much more difficult that it sounds.

5. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

I had mine deleted with satin black vinyl