Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing rental panels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
Selling house and Removing rental panels. they did a great job installing (no leaks). Hope they have a good crew. Anything to watch for while they're removing?

I tried to find out how much to buy out rental but no luck hearing back from TSLA :(

Don’t bother asking for a buyout quote, I got a quote of $13,500 for a 3.78kW system, which is more than the cost of a new, higher wattage system. Over a month after I requested to cancel they did give me a new offer of $9,000 which I did not accept. I’m not mad about it, I’m sure it is what some spreadsheet spits out at them, but it makes no sense to buy them for more than the cost of new ones when it costs $0 to have them removed, I guess that’s why they don’t offer the subscription anymore. My warning to you is that if you want the panels off your roof, give them tons of notice. I requested to cancel on 12/6 and they are not coming to remove them until 2/23. Fortunately, I expected it to take months due to my previous interactions with Tesla Solar so no big deal (my original buyout quote took over one month to receive).

Don’t bother asking for a buyout quote, I got a quote of $13,500 for a 3.78kW system, which is more than the cost of a new, higher wattage system. Over a month after I requested to cancel they did give me a new offer of $9,000 which I did not accept. I’m not mad about it, I’m sure it is what some spreadsheet spits out at them, but it makes no sense to buy them for more than the cost of new ones when it costs $0 to have them removed, I guess that’s why they don’t offer the subscription anymore. My warning to you is that if you want the panels off your roof, give them tons of notice. I requested to cancel on 12/6 and they are not coming to remove them until 2/23. Fortunately, I expected it to take months due to my previous interactions with Tesla Solar so no big deal (my original buyout quote took over one month to receive).

+1 about the expected it to take months comment. They did stop billing me in Nov, but I'm only generating like $10/ mo or so over the winter.

How did the removal itself go? The phone guy told me that they take everything out and patch the holes (My main concern is roof leaks and stucco repair)

Last edited: