Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing Speed Limit Mode without pin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For whatever reason (probably because of children playing with the phone), Speed Limit Mode got enabled on my mom's Model 3. We don't know the pin. We've called Tesla twice. The first time we were told it needed to be done on their end, and they'd call back, but we haven't heard back. The second time the support person talked about valet mode... which the car is not in... at any rate, anyone else have this happened? There a quick solution? Calling Tesla doesn't seem to help....

The Owner’s Manual (on the in-car dash or on the web site) discusses how to recover if you don’t have the PIN. I can’t check now, but as I remember, you could clear it from the mobile app using your website credentials.

The manual states "Note: If you forget the PIN, you can enter your Tesla Account login credentials to disable Speed Limit Mode."

I tried both the app (iPhone) and online and there is no way to reset the PIN unless Speed Limit Mode is disabled already (I even tried logging out and logging back in to the app).

It may require a trip to the SC for them to do it (and then make sure to set a PIN so that no one else sets it for you).

I had the same problem today. I talked to three service centers. Big thanks to Victor and Anna Marie at the Rockville, MD location. They are awesome!!!!

Go to controls
Settings
Driver Assistance (I think)
Turn the speed limit slider to off.
It gives you the PIN screen, but also gives you a place to enter the App login/password.

Done

You mentioned that there is an option to enter my Tesla Account login credentials. I am not getting that option. Is there another way to remove the speed limit mode without knowing the pin?

You mentioned that there is an option to enter my Tesla Account login credentials. I am not getting that option. Is there another way to remove the speed limit mode without knowing the pin?

Take a picture of what you see. I see this.
978B7470-C5BC-41FB-8A98-ACC0BF4631EA.jpeg

Reactions: AlbertParker
Since you can create a separate account for each security card used,
does the speed limitation affect all the car driver accounts with the same value
or can you set a different speed limit on each account?

So I was just wondering if using a second Tesla security card,
you could set the speed to another value or even have no speed limitation?