Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing Stock subwoofer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While you are in there drop in the SoundQubed HDS2.108, you can get this sub for about $100, I've had it in my car for two years now and after the initial break in, it has been awesome, you will have to drill new screw holes, but beyond that its a drop in install, the OEM sub is a TPOS and weighs about 10 ounces vs the SQ which is 100 ounces. Note I also have the LightHarmonic AMP too, so I am driving ~ 600 watts to this sub.
Power Band - 600 Watts - SoundQubed

LightHarmonic AMP Specs

tesla_audio_system_amplifier_specifications_model_s12_TAS.png

Last edited:
@verdee just wondering what you thought of the SQ sub versus the stock tesla sub? I ordered one today and was going to try first without the bigger amp. any advice?
I never swapped out the sub. Still have it sitting in the box. I used the LH amp for six months and I really liked it, but it did have some issues. Ultimately I put the stock amp back in. The main thing that made me go back to stock was having a hard time adjusting the bass. I listening to a lot of hip hop and when I was by myself I liked the loud hard bass, but with someone in the car and lower volumes the bass was still very loud even with the EQ turned down.

@verdee just wondering what you thought of the SQ sub versus the stock tesla sub? I ordered one today and was going to try first without the bigger amp. any advice?
The SQ sub is a noticeable upgrade from stock. Bonus that it’s a direct drop-in replacement. Much tighter/crisper response vs boomy.

Attachments

• 5FACF5C1-B9C2-4D48-B2CF-D162557F4AD4.jpeg
    5FACF5C1-B9C2-4D48-B2CF-D162557F4AD4.jpeg
    423.8 KB · Views: 644
Reactions: m5james
Thanks, I'm surprised that fits into the stock box with how much bigger it is. for $90 definitely going to give it a shot.
Stock enclosure is fairly deep. Zero issues with clearance. It’s a beast weight-wise though, so be cognizant of that when you pick up the enclosure the first time after swapping. You can pick up the stock setup with literally two fingers. Try that after the upgrade and you’ll drop/bang it up.

Stock enclosure is fairly deep. Zero issues with clearance. It’s a beast weight-wise though, so be cognizant of that when you pick up the enclosure the first time after swapping. You can pick up the stock setup with literally two fingers. Try that after the upgrade and you’ll drop/bang it up.

Does it come with a stock connector or do you have to wire it up yourself?