Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing the 2 support boards in the back of Model Y (temporarily)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are 2 support boards in the back of Model Y, easily removable. I am thinking to temporarily remove them to give a bit more storage space for a move, loading bags of clothing, linens, etc, so not heavy weight and no sharp corners. Anybody see any issue? Seems ok to me as long as nothing pokes into the underneath material, but just wondering if I'm missing something or if this might cause a problem. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Model Y, easily removable. I am thinking to temporarily remove them to give a bit more storage space for a move, loading bags of clothing, linens, etc, so not heavy weight and no sharp corners. Anybody see any issue? Seems ok to me as long as nothing pokes into the underneath material, but just wondering if I'm missing something or if this might cause a problem. Just thought

You can remove the hatch floor boards from the Model Y. The maximum weight rating for the hatch floor is 130 lbs. The lower bin has a higher maximum weight limit of 285 lbs. The maximum weight rating for the frunk bin is 55lbs.

See Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual page 183: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_y_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf
Great to know! So the bin is even higher weight rating. Thank you for this excellent info.

Reactions: GeezerSquid