Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rename Tesla for Bluetooth connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In your phone's menu should be an option. Not sure how crApple handles Bluetooth pairings or what device you use but in my Pixel 3 XL I just click the setting icon next to the Tesla Model S and rename it to the car's name as it appears in the app and dash. This is especially helpful since I have multiple "Tesla Model S" so things can be a bit confusing w/o their unique name.

In your phone's menu should be an option. Not sure how crApple handles Bluetooth pairings or what device you use but in my Pixel 3 XL I just click the setting icon next to the Tesla Model S and rename it to the car's name as it appears in the app and dash. This is especially helpful since I have multiple "Tesla Model S" so things can be a bit confusing w/o their unique name.

That confusion is exactly why I was asking. I was hoping I could rename the car so that every device would see, for example “RAW84’s White Tesla” instead of the generic “Tesla Model S”. I rename my phones/devices.

I have both Androids and iPhones so at least your method should help me some. Thanks.

That confusion is exactly why I was asking. I was hoping I could rename the car so that every device would see, for example “RAW84’s White Tesla” instead of the generic “Tesla Model S”. I rename my phones/devices.

I have both Androids and iPhones so at least your method should help me some. Thanks.

Unfortunately changing the name of your car changes only the display name in the car & Tesla app. It doesn't do anything with your Bluetooth radio. There's currently no setting to set this universally from that car that I'm aware of.