Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renaming PHONE KEY (not key card) name.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I edit my phone key name in my 2021 MYP to have my actual name of my iPhone? For example, my iPhones names is “First Name iPhone 14 Pro Max” and every time I add it as a phone key it auto saves as “iPhone” and I can’t edit the name like I can with other key cards.

I know the car can recognize what the real name of the iPhone is because it has it correct when it comes to Bluetooth.

It’s a minor thing, but annoying.

How do I edit my phone key name in my 2021 MYP to have my actual name of my iPhone? For example, my iPhones names is “First Name iPhone 14 Pro Max” and every time I add it as a phone key it auto saves as “iPhone” and I can’t edit the name like I can with other key cards.

I know the car can recognize what the real name of the iPhone is because it has it correct when it comes to Bluetooth.

It’s a minor thing, but annoying.
Did you manage to solve this, I have the same issue

Upvote 0
Doesn’t the car just display the name of your phone you gave it in its phones settings? Like any other Bluetooth device.
that’s what I thought but even though I have changed the name in my device it still comes back with iPhone (2) and un pairing and pairing. I have tried signing out of the app etc but still defaults to this. Can’t figure it out. Surprisingly the Bluetooth media side of it recognises my new devices name

Upvote 0