Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault Fluence Z.E:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just been called by Renault to say that the Fluence launch in the UK has been brought forward to March.

Reservation holders will get the dynamique trim level for free. It is normally £800.

Example monthly battery lease prices are:

7000 miles / year - £56
12000 miles / year - £79.50
15000 miles / year - £86.50

Above 18000 miles is an extra 4p a mile.

Did Renault upgrade the charger?

Renault.com - Fluence Z.E. electric sedan car, photos

It is possible to charge the battery of Renault Fluence Z.E. at home and in public places: At home, thanks to the installation of a Wall-Box that can be installed for a standard charge between 6 and 8 hours. Chief benefits are battery-charge speed, the assurance that it complies with local standards, its user-friendliness and its ability to communicate with the electricity network in order to take advantage of the lowest possible electricity rates, at night or off-peak, for example.

For occasional use, it is possible to charge via a household mains supply (10A, 220V) which will fully charge the battery in about 10 hours. Renault offers a battery charging cable (either as an accessory or an option) which plugs into the 220V domestic supply.

Access to public battery charging facilities: standard (between 6 and 8 hours), accelerated (1 hour) and fast (30 minutes) battery charging is ensured thanks to the many agreements that have been put into place by the Renault-Nissan Alliance.

In each of the three countries where Renault has reached agreements with Better Place (Israel, Denmark and Australia), the*QuickDrop battery switch system*will enable Renault Fluence Z.E.'s battery to be swapped in less than 5 minutes at bespoke battery exchange stations*Fluence Z.E.

at the recent Renault event in Portugal it was stated many times that the Fluence did not require any form of 'fast' charging because the customer (Better Place) was providing battery swap in it's chosen markets.

I've reached out to Renault to ask whether this is simply a website error.
I don't think it will.

I just checked the dutch website: Renault Fluence Z.E.: Overzicht versies en uitrustingen

I might not say much to a foreigner, but I do see this image:

standaard-laadkabel.jpg

That is a Type 2 -> J1772 cable which means the Fluence will charge on 1-phase. That will be 32A at MAX, but I think it will be 16A at 230V. That's still 8 hours...

The future fluence will a Type 2 connector which should support 3-phase charging at 3x32A, that will give a 45 min charge.

It could also be that the dutch website is wrong ofcourse :)

If BP is smart, it will just install QC-stations at all it locations!
This way they will keep doing what they do now! Distributing "fuel"! Exept it's of an other sort!

And as I have read they are investing in wind-mills, they wil have the same well-to-wheel fillosophy as now! (with less environmental risk)

If BP is smart, it will just install QC-stations at all it locations!
This way they will keep doing what they do now! Distributing "fuel"! Exept it's of an other sort!

And as I have read they are investing in wind-mills, they wil have the same well-to-wheel fillosophy as now! (with less environmental risk)
Don't confuse British Petrolium with Better Place.

I had to read "BP" twice as well to figure that out ;)

One of the bigger problems Renault is facing with its ZE cars, are Renault sales men.
I did reserve a Fluence but when it was time to sign a contract I had to go to a Renault dealer. In every way this dealer tried to persuade me that electric cars are no good. So, I will not buy a car from someone who does not want to sell me this car. My decision is to wait for the Zoe. It is the better car then the Fluence and may be by then renault has shown to its dealers that this is the future.

One of the bigger problems Renault is facing with its ZE cars, are Renault sales men.
I did reserve a Fluence but when it was time to sign a contract I had to go to a Renault dealer. In every way this dealer tried to persuade me that electric cars are no good. So, I will not buy a car from someone who does not want to sell me this car. ...
You should send Renault a note and let them know that. Maybe even send a note to Carlos.