Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault-Nissan News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100th Fluence off the production line (shall I give this car it's own thread yet?)

100eFluence.jpg

I've not driven a Fluence. It was in the country last September when I was out of it. I was told at the time that they would be back in January but chasing this up I am now told it will be here in June. If I'd known that at the time I might have made more of an effort to get back.

Rumors about a merger between Renault and Nissan dispelled by our old friend Rachel Konrad.

Watch Out, Toyota And GM: Nissan And Renault To Tie The Knot. (Update: They Wont) | The Truth About Cars

Nikkei All Messed Up: No Nissan-Renault Holding Co. | The Truth About Cars

The Nikkei must have had too much sake at Yokohama’s famous seaside watering holes after they finished an interview with Nissan and Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn yesterday evening. Their reports of an imminent merger of the two (and sundry others) under a joint holding company turn out to be utter nonsense, or rather “a misinterpretation of a wide-ranging interview,“ as Rachel Konrad, Director of Communications of the Renault Nissan Alliance, tells us in more elegant words.

“Carlos Ghosn has frequently stated to the media, investors and others that the corporate structure of the Renault-Nissan Alliance would continue to evolve — as it has for the past 12 years. However, there are no plans to form a single holding company for both Renault and Nissan,” says Konrad. “Mr. Ghosn said that the corporate structure of the Renault-Nissan Alliance would remain dynamic. Again, there are no plans to create a holding company, and in fact Mr. Ghosn did not say or imply that Renault and Nissan are ‘leaning toward establishing a holding company’ as the publication erroneously reported.”

Nissan and Infiniti - Renault-Nissan Alliance opens Silicon Valley research office
06.13.2011 , MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.

Renault-Nissan Alliance opens Silicon Valley research office

The automotive group’s Mountain View facility will focus on vehicle IT, advanced engineering research, and technology recruitment.

The Renault-Nissan Alliance will open a research office later this month in the heart of Silicon Valley.

Directly across from the Google campus and minutes from leading hardware and software companies, the offices in Mountain View will allow one of the world’s largest automotive groups to capitalize on the region’s world-class engineering talent and stay ahead of trends that are reshaping the way people interact with their cars.

The office will build staff organically to focus on specific projects and business developments as they emerge. Small, highly efficient teams will initially work on vehicle IT development, advanced engineering research and technology recruitment.

“The Alliance is at the vanguard of the auto industry’s shift to sustainable transportation. Having a greater footprint in one of the world’s headquarters for clean tech research will extend our lead further,” said Carlos Ghosn, CEO and Chairman of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, who is giving a talk at the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR) today. Ghosn’s “Clean Cars” presentation at Stanford will focus on how and why zero-emission technologies is leading to unprecedented opportunities in the auto industry and economy.

Created in 1999, the Renault-Nissan Alliance is a unique partnership between two of the largest automakers in Europe and Japan. Renault and Nissan, which together employ more than 350,000 workers, sold 7.2 million cars in 2010 – about one in 10 cars worldwide. Paris-based Renault and Yokohama-based Nissan collaborate through joint purchasing, platform sharing and cross-shareholding. They maintain separate brands and cultural identities.
Media contacts:
Rachel Konrad
Renault-Nissan Alliance
[email protected]
+33 (0)6 17 62 01 72