Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault Zoe ZE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been keeping a watch on the delivery dates on the Renault site. For France the site says mid 2012 and has pretty much always said this. For the uk, its Autumn 2012 and has been like this for a long time.

Not sure about switzerland but the french language site says end of 2012 and the german language Swiss site says autumn 2012. All very confusing.

It is Germany's site which says :

"Kompakt-Limousine
Verfügbar ab Mitte 2012"

I saw a tweet that Renault had contracted Chargemaster to roll out charging across France. Do Chargemaster have a 44kW charging station? I've only ever seen 22kW.

I don't think they do. According to this these news items on their Polar site they are installing only 22kw charging stations in Renault sites http://www.polarnetwork.com/article/news-polar-news/renault-france-deal-chargemaster and in Paris http://www.polarnetwork.com/article/news/chargemaster-wins-major-french-contract

I saw a tweet that Renault had contracted Chargemaster to roll out charging across France. Do Chargemaster have a 44kW charging station? I've only ever seen 22kW.
Great news! That way I can travel across France with my Model S :) 22kW 3-phase charging will bring me to the South of France without any issues.

I just checked the Dutch Renault Zoe page and that says Q3 2012 for the ZOE.

I'm actually start to like the car very much! I might trade my Toyota Auris Hybrid for a ZOE. That way I can drive the Model S and my girlfriend the ZOE :)

Lease batteries permit change it.

""Renault says the battery packs will last between eight-ten years, by which time there may be more efficient batteries with longer ranges on the block. Renault says that it may be possible for Fluence and kangoo ZE owners to swap their first-generation batteries for improved second-gen battery packs in the future."

Renault eyes electric vehicle dominance with Fluence, Kangoo ZE

And old batteries:

NISSAN | NISSAN AND SUMITOMO TO INITIATE BUSINESS FOR ELECTRIC-CAR BATTERIES

NISSAN | Nissan and 4R Energy Develop new EV Charging System

Here's a link to the radio interview with Carlos Tevares (Renault managing director) where the 350km is discussed. http://www.bfmbusiness.com/podcasts/telecharger/17-02-2012/BFM-Carlos-Tavares It's in French and I can only just pick up the gist of it. Apparently the 350km is mentioned but neither confirmed or denied by Tevares. Is anyone's French up to confirming exactly what was discussed here?

From this: Une Renault Zoé avec 350 km dautonomie pour 2014 [MAJ]

"Laurent écrivait le 17/02/2012

Yoann,
J’ai réécouté l’interview. Carlos Tavarès ne confirme à aucun moment ce chiffre. Il ne le dément pas non plus, certes, mais cela ne veut pas dire pour autant que c’est vrai.
A partir de 2014, Renault se fixe un objectif de 300 km d’autonomie. Chiffre qui m’a été confirmé. Mais, un résultat atteint en 2014 en recherche ne veut pas dire production en série dans la foulée. Il se passe en général quelques années. Je pense qu’il faut être prudent et ne pas faire de belles promesses (un peu comme pour la présidentielle).
On verra déjà si Renault arrive à vendre la Zoé « classique ». Pour le moment, ses voitures (et celles de Nissan aussi d’ailleurs) ne se vendent pas."

Google translation:

"I re-listened to the interview. Carlos Tavares does not confirm that figure at any time. He does not deny either, certainly, but that does not mean it's true.
From 2014, Renault has set a target of 300 km autonomy. I figure that was confirmed. But, a result achieved in 2014 in search is not to say mass production in the wake. It usually happens a few years. I think we should be careful and not make promises (like for president).
We already see if Renault can sell the Zoe "classic". For now, his cars (and Nissan for that matter) are not selling"

Here it is!

Zoe_forfra_opt.jpg

http://www.fdm.dk/motor/foraarsshow-med-fornuft-foelelse

From this: Une Renault Zoé avec 350 km dautonomie pour 2014 [MAJ]

"Laurent écrivait le 17/02/2012

Yoann,
J’ai réécouté l’interview. Carlos Tavarès ne confirme à aucun moment ce chiffre. Il ne le dément pas non plus, certes, mais cela ne veut pas dire pour autant que c’est vrai.
A partir de 2014, Renault se fixe un objectif de 300 km d’autonomie. Chiffre qui m’a été confirmé. Mais, un résultat atteint en 2014 en recherche ne veut pas dire production en série dans la foulée. Il se passe en général quelques années. Je pense qu’il faut être prudent et ne pas faire de belles promesses (un peu comme pour la présidentielle).
On verra déjà si Renault arrive à vendre la Zoé « classique ». Pour le moment, ses voitures (et celles de Nissan aussi d’ailleurs) ne se vendent pas."

Google translation:

"I re-listened to the interview. Carlos Tavares does not confirm that figure at any time. He does not deny either, certainly, but that does not mean it's true.
From 2014, Renault has set a target of 300 km autonomy. I figure that was confirmed. But, a result achieved in 2014 in search is not to say mass production in the wake. It usually happens a few years. I think we should be careful and not make promises (like for president).
We already see if Renault can sell the Zoe "classic". For now, his cars (and Nissan for that matter) are not selling"

To clarify the automated translation: By 2014 they will have 300Km in the lab. A production vehicle will follow at a later date. Most likely several years.