Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RenewAmericaRoadtrip Roadster auction begins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mpt

Electrics are back
Supporting Member
RenewAmericaRoadtrip roadster begins auction Other Makes:eBay Motors (item 230423612302 end time Jan-22-10 19:19:06 PST)

It's a nice example; brilliant white, paint protection, full electronics with NAV and with upgraded audio from Rockford Fosgate themselves.

Super low mileage; only used for one trip; Coast-to-coast across the USA :)

It's also a very nice piece of history, currently on show in the California Auto Museum next to the EV1. I feel rather privileged to have driven it; just once but privileged non the less.

Still time to see the RAR'dster b4 it's gone like the electric lightnin bolt it is!

MPT, I agree wholeheartedly as I also feel privileged to have driven this one and I know my co-driver feels the same. This Roadster feels like my lucky steed after the cross-country - not often you can complete such an endeavor as the Roadtrip without a hitch - it's going to be hard to let her go. Unfortunately, RAR has some other green investments on the horizon and we promised we would auction her when we started out - so here she goes - one more sacrifice for the cause.

The RAR'dster more than served her purpose after all. She flashed her good looks across America to reach out to the masses and teach them a little bit more about how being green doesn't have to mean compromising.

Alas, there is still time to see the RAR'dster before it rides off into the sunset.

It has two more days at the California Automobile Museum in Sacramento next to its distant cousin, the EV1, in the Going Green exhibit:
Going green

and then it is on to the live auction finale at the Breathe Charity Soiree on Friday the 22nd.
BREATHE CA Charity Soirée and Tesla Roadster Auction - Eventbrite

We hope it finds a fitting buyer - perhaps a green entrepreneur or activist who sees the value in continuing to use the car to promote green.

However, I don't think we can go wrong, after all - aren't all EV owners activists in at least a small way when we commute in our electrics?

No worries. As long as the RAR'dster is streaking down a highway somewhere it can't belie its pedigree and so it will continue doing its part to keep "Driving America Green!"

Fans of the Renew America Roadtrip:

This Friday evening, January 22, at 6201 S Street in Sacramento (the SMUD facility), there is a charity event being held that benefits Breathe California of the Sacramento - Emigrant Trails and features the RAR'dster and the Renew America Roadtrip team.

The event, the Breathe Charity Soiree and Tesla Roadster Auction is from 5:45 PM to 7:30 PM. For a small donation to Breathe California, you get to tour a 20 car alternative-fuel vehicle exhibit that includes the EV1 and the Tesla Roadster that made the historic green charity cross-country drive this past summer from NYC to Seal Beach California as part of the Renew America Roadtrip project. You also get to hear environmental speakers Jacob Griscom, founder of the Sacramento Sustainabilty Forum, and Professor Tom Turrentine, director PHEV Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis. Registration includes dinner and entry to raffles to win RAR merchandise and free nights at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco or Westin Element Las Vegas. Also in attendance are Maddy & Michael, the drivers and co-founders of the Renew America Roadtrip. At the end of the evening, you can participate/attend the final half hour of the on-going eBay auction for the Rardster. There is also still the very slightest chance that you may catch a glimpse of Chelsea Sexton, the EV activist featured in the movie, "Who Killed the Electric Car." She will be at the Youth Energy Summit during the day but it is unknown whether she will choose to linger for the evening event.

There is still time to register before midnight PST tonight but there is limited space so go quickly to:
BREATHE CA Charity Soirée and Tesla Roadster Auction - Eventbrite
to find out more.

To see the RAR'dster before Friday, you can visit it today and tomorrow at the California Automobile Museum, or put in a bid to make it your own at:
Other Makes : eBay Motors (item 230423612302 end time Jan-22-10 19:19:06 PST)

We just heard from the Governator's office. Honorable Governor Arnold Schwarzeneggar cannot make the Soiree but he is sending Virgil Welch, assistant to Mary Nicols, Director of the California Air Resources Board. He will be speaking on current legislation at 6:15 PM. We have extended registration to 7PM today, so if you would like to come, even late, go online and register at BREATHE CA Charity Soirée and Tesla Roadster Auction - Eventbrite. Also check bidding for America's Greenest Sportscar at Other Makes : eBay Motors (item 230423612302 end time Jan-22-10 19:19:06 PST).