Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RenewAmericaRoadtrip(tm)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Renew America Roadtrip(tm) needs sponsors, non-profits, and volunteers for "America's first drive cross-country in a production all-electric vehicle~" in support of charity and the environment.

We are volunteering our time to drive cross-country from NYC to San Fran in a Tesla Roadster this summer, July 15-31, to raise money for green charities and promote awareness of renewable, sustainable, and eco-friendly (RSE) technologies.

We intend to gather significant interest and local support via events planned nationwide at our stops and via digital media promotion. National and per city sponsor slots are still available including vehicle logo sponsor positions. We are featuring a "drive-a-thon" model that non-profits/charities can tie into cooperatively which allows them to co-promote the Roadtrip.

We would like to invite all Tesla owners to come out and meet us at our various stops along the way and perhaps join us for one or more legs of our journey to promote green across the USA!.

We are also seeking out green-minded individuals with alternative-energy powered homes or green businesses who are interested in putting us up for the night and/or providing charging locations along our route.

We need help to make this project as successful as it can be.

If interested in sponsoring, working with us to promote your non-profit, or volunteering to attend any of our stops or help plan events, please contact me directly at 610-212-1253 or via email: [email protected].
--------------------------------------------------------------
~Kris Trexler is credited with the first cross-country drive in a production all-electric vehicle, the EV1. However, GM cancelled the EV1 program before any of their production EVs could be bought. We are “renewing” Kris’ effort by using a cross country drive to raise money for green charities, raise new awareness of RSE technologies, and help counter activities that might stifle innovation in these areas

Renew America Roadtrip(tm) (RAR)

All of this sounds very familiar. Did you meet with Joe Powers in VA ?

Yes, three of our team members were in VA in April to test drive and continue discussions with Joe about our trip. We (Maddy and I) were up in NYC as well and discussed with Elon and Colette. We finally secured a vehicle last week and are pulling things together hoping to get raise a good amount of money for charities and get promote renewable energy. Interested in helping in any way - email me or ring me. Thanks, [email protected] 610-212-1253

Let me know if you could use any technical resources to help promote your project; I host this site and PlanetTesla.com and would be happy to assist with hosting/promoting. We could set up a page here dedicated to the project.

PM me here or em at michael(at sign obfuscated)PlanetTesla.com

MPT

Support for RAR - site setup

Let me know if you could use any technical resources to help promote your project; I host this site and PlanetTesla.com and would be happy to assist with hosting/promoting. We could set up a page here dedicated to the project.

PM me here or em at michael(at sign obfuscated)PlanetTesla.com

MPT

Michael - I will email you - I am working on getting our website up and have a ning network set up. I would like to talk to you about setting up a page here and what it might entail in my support as I don't want to stretch myself too thin.

If anyone is close with Kris Trexler, please tell him I have emailed him and would love to touch base with him on this project.

Thanks

Looking for a Red Roadster to join us at the launch in NY

Does anyone out there have a Red Roadster and could join us in NYC on July 15th for the launch of the Renew America Roadtrip?

We have a white and a blue roadster and would love to be joined by a red one. Of course; we'd also welcome anyone at the event!

The plan is to meet at the Westin Hotel at 10am with the drive off shortly after a speach... lunch is planned at the Sigiri and dessert at Serendipity.

Renew America Roadtrip Roadster hits the highway

renew-america-roadtrip-roadster-in-driveway.jpg

This morning, the gleaming white Renew America Roadtrip Tesla Roadster set off on a journey that will take it, and its support crew following behind in plug-ins and hybrids, from sea to shining sea. The trip will not only raise money for charity but also attempt to put to rest various and sundry myths about the viability of electric cars.

Tesla Roadster to make appearance at UI | press-citizen.com | Iowa City Press Citizen

The Tesla Roadster, the all-electric muscle car that can go 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, will stop for a recharge at UI while on a cross-country roadtrip next week.

The University of Iowa Office of Sustainability and the Iowa Renewable Energy Association will host a stop of the Renew America Roadtrip from 8 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Madison Street Services Building on the corner of South Madison and West Prentiss streets.

The stop is a chance to view the all-electric Tesla Roadster and talk with the crew of the Roadtrip project, which is demonstrating the advantages of all-electric vehicles. The team will be visiting UI and charging up the vehicle at the services building on their way cross-country from New York City to San Francisco.

Quick recharge...