Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reno charging stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Any advice on where to charge in the Reno area? I'm meeting a group of friends there at the Nugget next weekend. I'll have both a 14-50 and J1772 adapter with me (plus the 110 standby, of course).

It's just over 110 miles to Reno, but uphill - so even driving conservatively, I'll still need to add some miles before heading home. I've called the hotel and they've been unhelpful (but have a call into their head of engineering right now).

I see the Einstein Bros J1772 location, but it's about 8miles away from where I'm staying. I'd love to find a 50amp to use.

Thanks!

Mapquest shows 8 or 9 Reno campgrounds in the downtown area that have full RV services. One of them is on Virginia street, the same street the Nugget is on (assuming you're talking about downtown Reno and not the Sparks Nugget). A few blocks away and you'd have to leave your baby plugged in while you're off enjoying the night life, but probably doable if you make arrangements and you're friends have the means to get you back and forth from the hotel. Have fun.

Nugget Security just called - they DO have 110 outlets in their west parking lot, at the base of all the light poles. That will give me 40 or 50 miles overnight. And if I need more, will head to Einstein Bros in the morning for bagels, coffee, and electrons.