Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reno hotel charger uncertainty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some doubt that a destination charger listed on Tesla's website is really there.
10599 Professional Circle, Reno, Nevada, 89511,
Tesla lists this address as a Home2 Suites, but the address is actually a Hampton Inn.
I called the Hampton Inn, the young lady at the front desk says she doesn't think they have an electric car charger.
Plugshare doesn't show a charger at this address either.
Is there any email address at Tesla to verify if there is a destination charger or not?
I'm planning a trip. Thanks,

Probably just an error in their database with the pin in the wrong location. Tesla does have a destination charger at the Home2 Suites in Reno, the address for which is 1111 Meadowood Mall Link (at the southern intersection of I-580 and the 659 loop). But a glance at Plugshare shows that it is currently non-operational because someone vandalized the units (cut and removed both charging cords) and they haven't been fixed yet.

I wonder what they will do with the cut cable and connector? Copper in the cable has some value , not sure if there is a market for cut cable connector. Unfortunately we have to deal with such situations and this may come as a nasty surprise when you are travelling and don't have a contingency for such situations.

Thanks for the replies. I like to stay at hotels that have destination chargers. Previously I have stayed at Homewood Suites on
5450 Kietzke Lane. For this trip I have booked myself now at the Hilton Garden Inn at 9920 Double R Blvd. Plugshare says they have a charger, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Yes, I know I can use superchargers if I need to.