TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rent a Model X in Chicago

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dutchinchicago, Jan 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dutchinchicago

I have a Model X reservation and have been invited to configure but I am still hesitant because it is a lot of money. It would be great if I could rend a Model X for the weekend so that I can experience auto pilot. Does anyone know if it is possible to rent a Model S in Chicago?

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.39.6

You can easily rent a Model S via Turo or similar sites. Renting an X would be a lot more difficult since so few have been delivered and I haven't found anyone online who is renting theirs out yet.

3. BCak

BCak Member

#3 BCak, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
    According to drive-tesla.com you can rent a Model X in San Diego from Sixt!

4. ArnasMikonis

ArnasMikonis New Member

I have fully loaded Tesla Model X P90D in in Grand Rapids, MI area and renting it on www.turo.com. I can bring it Chicgao area as well here are the links were you can book it
    Michigan link Take a trip in 2016 Tesla Model X P90D fully loaded with ludicrous
    Chicago link Take a trip in Mely's Tesla

5. Grossie

Grossie Member

Did you try asking the local stores if they'd lend you a model x for a day? The old orchard store let me take a 36 hour test drive before I finalized the order for my model s. Not sure if they do the same for the x.