TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rent a Tesla in New York

Discussion in 'Model S' started by HHHH, May 29, 2015.

1. HHHH

HHHH Member

My wife and I are flying to New York next week and are planning to go to the Hamptons while we are there for 2 days. When we travel I usually use SilverCar, but since there is not one in NY, I'm wondering if anyone here has a lead on renting a Model S while I'm there.

I have tried GetAround, RelayRides, and Hertz DreamCars already. Alternatively, if anyone is interested in renting / letting me borrow their pride and joy, and I don't blame you if you say no, I would be happy to compensate them. Not really looking to joyride, just prefer all of the creature comforts of the Model S that I've become accustomed to. Also, there is destination charging at my accommodations.

2. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

I am also interested in this. More for me to see how it is like living with Model S for a week... to determine if I can purchase because I don't have a wall charger in my garage and can't install one. I'd resort to the SC and Chademo (I only drive like 30 miles a week)

3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

4. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

5. HHHH

HHHH Member

I checked RelayRides, and I clicked the link above, and it says vehicle unavailable.

6. Henry_MK1

Henry_MK1 New Member

If there is any update on this, I would be interested for information too. I would like to hire one for 24 hours in NYC.

7. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

I don't see anything in NY, but this is a good reference thread: Renting a Model S - world wide

Relayrides.com has a lot in California, but the closest to NY looks like either DC or north of Boston...

8. herbvdh

herbvdh Member

I have researched renting a Model S here in the New York area but come up empty. I have test driven the P85D on some of the roads I would normally use it on. The truth is I like an SUV. I want to rent one to really see how I like driving it daily instead of my RX400h.

9. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

There is a Tesla P85 in New Jersey on relay rides.