Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rent a Tesla Unlimited Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I have a Model 3 and my girlfriend and I were thinking about taking a cross country roadtrip in a Model X. We want the X over the 3 just because we plan on taking a 3 week trip and an X would be more spacious/comfortable.

The only issue is, I can find a bunch of Model X's to rent, but they all (understandably) have mileage limits. Some companies offer unlimited milage but they dont offer Teslas.

So my question for you all is, are you aware of anywhere I can rent a Model X for about 3 weeks time without any limits on mileage? Thanks for your help!

You can rent from any of the companies with mileage limits. You just have to pay for miles over the limit.

No one is going to give you a ride across the country in a Tesla without a serious surcharge.
Ageeed.

The miles early on cost about $1 each in depreciation so no one will give those away without charging a reasonable amount per mile.

You can rent from any of the companies with mileage limits. You just have to pay for miles over the limit.

No one is going to give you a ride across the country in a Tesla without a serious surcharge.

I was afraid of that. It makes sense though, thank you.

The trip would be about 7,000 miles and a lot of the rental spots cover only 100 miles per day, with $1/mile for every mile driven over the limit- which would be about $5k in mile overages. Ouch.

I guess my options are to consider my 3 or look at an RV. Thank you!

The trip would be about 7,000 miles and a lot of the rental spots cover only 100 miles per day, with $1/mile for every mile driven over the limit- which would be about $5k in mile overages. Ouch.

TAKE THE 3! It's the most fun car to road trip in. Drove it to NoCal a few times with 4 people. Its awesome.

Hi everyone,

I have a Model 3 and my girlfriend and I were thinking about taking a cross country roadtrip in a Model X. We want the X over the 3 just because we plan on taking a 3 week trip and an X would be more spacious/comfortable.

The only issue is, I can find a bunch of Model X's to rent, but they all (understandably) have mileage limits. Some companies offer unlimited milage but they dont offer Teslas.

So my question for you all is, are you aware of anywhere I can rent a Model X for about 3 weeks time without any limits on mileage? Thanks for your help!

This guy is renting his X on Turo, near Portland, for $150/day. Unlimited miles... Rent Blake’s 2018 Tesla Model X in Portland, OR | Turo

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte and lupend88
Oh my god it’s almost too good to be true! I just did the math and it would cost $3000 (AFTER fees) to take that thing for 3 weeks and put on 7,000 miles. Considering free gas for driving cross country... that is a steal! Thanks for finding that :D

I would let him know that you are planning to take it cross-country (but then he would likely reject you). Even if it says unlimited miles, I don't think he expects someone to drive it over 7,000 miles and it would be the decent thing to ask for permission.

I would let him know that you are planning to take it cross-country (but then he would likely reject you). Even if it says unlimited miles, I don't think he expects someone to drive it over 7,000 miles and it would be the decent thing to ask for permission.

Oh definitely, I was planning on doing that. Not just for him but for me too. I want to make sure if I’m spending $3k that I’m getting what I paid for.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
Oh my god it’s almost too good to be true! I just did the math and it would cost $3000 (AFTER fees) to take that thing for 3 weeks and put on 7,000 miles. Considering free gas for driving cross country... that is a steal! Thanks for finding that :D

Glad I could help! :p Just make sure there are no caveats with his requirements... like you can only drive in the state and bordering states, etc. (some car rental companies, like Enterprise, have that clause in their fine print).

I have a X and a 3. If you have more then 2 people then I can see how a larger car might be helpful, however if only 2 then I would definitely take the 3. The 3 has much more range that my 75D, so no anxiety about going to places far from chargers. 3 is also much more fun to drive. Might be the minority but my 3 has been used way more than the X for the last 3 months.

Hi everyone,

I actually work for a company that does these kinds of rentals all the time. We have people who come in and we give them a custom quote based on what they need. Usually you have to send an email to see if it can work and I know they're bringing in a model x soon so it might work for you! Check it out at www.teslarents.com, if you end up renting, tell them Rei sent you!

Check with some of the Turo Model X owners. They will often make a deal when you explain exactly what your plans are. Just DM an owner with your request. I have done that successfully for X, S and 3.

As others are indicating, I think best option will be a Turo Model X owner. Even if they cannot give you unlimited miles, they can give you a flat locked cost for the approximately 7000 miles you intend to drive. You will just have to negotiate for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.