Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rent or Lend Me Your Chademo Adapter in Houston Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i will be making a road trip from Houston to Philadelphia from June 25 to about August 15. I am looking for a Chademo adapter I can rent or borrow to use while I am in Philadelphia. If you have an adapter I can use, please let me know. Also, if you have any specific advice for a route that will take me through Atlanta, up through Hagerstown, MD to Morgantown, WV, to Philly and back, your input would be greatly appreciated. I have mapped out the route using both supercharge.info and evtripplaner. Thanks, Namlio.

Hi,
First, I do have CHAdeMO adapter, but I am in Dallas.
Good news is I have a project in Houston, and fly down every week or so (Hobby): I will be there Tuesday this coming week.
Maybe we can set up a meeting time, I could bring it with me if you still decide you really need it (there are a LOT of Superchargers in the NorthEast. Bring several cash dollars and some change to pay for all the tolls, etc.

I did a similar trip last September leaving Houston, headed to Philly.
Went through Atlanta/Decatur.
Houston, Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, Mobile, Greenville AL, Auburn AL, Atlanta, Decatur, Charlotte, South Hill, Glen Allen, Woodridge, Bethesda, Newark DE, Hamilton Township, etc.

If you are wanting to charge while in Philly (Marriott downtown, Convention Center, Barnes Foundation, Franklin Institute, etc.), you might look at some of the hotels there, certainly check out charging Options on plugshare.com.
Similarly, there are other charging Options and chances to meet other Tesla Owners by looking at plugshare when in/around Morgantown.

Eventually I did make it over to the West end of Pennsylvania, but Morgantown, WV is not really on the (direct) Supercharger loop.
And driving in the mountains is a lot different than driving on flatter roads, so your range will be impacted.

The Supercharger in Atlanta took me some time to locate inside the (HUGE) parking garage (Lowest Level, at one end).
And it appeared that a lot of locals were charging there during my visit: hope you are able to find an open spot to Charge.
There is now a Supercharger in Greenville, South Carolina, so you will have an much easier time (no gap) between Decatur to Charlotte.

A couple of other newer Supercharger locations are Allentown, PA: opened in Jan. 2016 and Harrisburg, PA: opened May of this year.

Near Somerset, PA (on your way to Morgantown) is the just opened Flight 93 Memorial near Shanksville (very worthwhile to visit, reflect and remember).

Also in the vicinity is Fallingwater (near Bear Run).
Always best to plan ahead and have reservations // tickets ahead of time if you decide to visit.
PM me if you would like any further info on this treausre of architectural history.

Galv2000 - Thanks for the links. I will check these out.
Purplewalt - Thanks for all of the info. We are going to skirt Atlanta and stay at a hotel with a destination charger. We are also going through Asheville and up the blue ridge parkway to Hagerstown, MD. We are looking for a place to retire and will scope out this part of the country during the trip. I have used Plugshare and see a number of options in both Morgantown and Philly. I will contact you later if I still need the adapter.

Asheville is beautiful! i was there for Mothers Day weekend (without my Model S) b/c it didn't make sense to drive down fm NYC for just a long weekend. if I could have taken just one more day off fm work -- for a total of 6 days away I would have driven down. 2 travel days and 4 full days to explore the area with my Model S. The blue ridge parkway is made for Teslas!