Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rental of CHAdeMO and/or Roadster adaptor for trips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking a poll of how much you would want/"need" a CHAdeMO and/or Roadster adaptor for trips. Perhaps, also a rental J1772 extension cord, too.

The concept is they would be shipped to you, your credit card charged for the value of the rental plus replacement cost, and if it is returned on time, the replacement cost is refunded.

What is it worth daily, weekly, monthly?

Last edited:
Our local (Portland metro area) Tesla group is planning on purchasing a couple adapters to share. Spread the cost around a bit. You might try posting in the regional forums to see if folks around you want to do the same.

I had this idea that you could, as a group, all pitch in to buy, and if someone else wanted to join the group, they would pay in and everyone else would get a refund so it was all even. For one situation in Wisconsin, buy a lockbox to hold the Tesla cable, and put the lockbox next to the one and only CHadEMO. That way, it's always in the right location. It would take some planning, but it would cut down on shipping. Additionally, a lockbox with an electronic combo would make access control easier to manage. What do you think?

We already have a group buy setup here in Milwaukee, we are splitting one 4 ways, and potentially renting it out to help recover costs when none of us foresee using it. Just waiting for the adapter now :) Once the adapter arrives, I can then plan my yearly winter road trip.