TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Renter's iInsurance and Model S Question

Discussion in 'Model S' started by tdiggity, Apr 16, 2014.

1. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Hi guys,

Weird question with regard to renting and insurance.

I'm renting a new place (owned before this), and was thinking of worst case scenarios. Let's say there's a fire that's caused by the car (not the electrical wiring in the house or anything, but the car) and it burns down the house or part of it. Will the renter's insurance personal liability section cover this? I can't find any good examples of this on the web. Most people reference that personal liability covers cases where other people are hurt on the property. Likely scenario in this case is that the landlord sue's me for damages, and I'm hoping that upping my liability portion will prevent any financial harm to me.

Thanks in advance!

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

You can always get an Umbrella Policy to cover your personal liability. The underwriter will require a minimum level of personal liability on your other policies to address any gap between the coverages.

3. KenN

KenN Member

What happen in the same scenario if it were an ICE car?

4. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Don't know....if you know please let me/us know how it works in a renter/landlord relationship!