TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Renting a Model S in Toronto

Discussion in 'Canada' started by SeanTek, Jun 17, 2014.

1. SeanTek

SeanTek Member

I'm going to be visiting Toronto in July from the US, and am interested in renting a Model S while I am there. I only need it for a couple of days.

Anybody on the forums interested? How about any commercial rental companies--any options?

2. eepic

eepic Supporting Member

FWIW I've asked the big commercial rental companies last year and none of them had it (most weren't aware of a make called Tesla). Most likely things haven't changed. I think Hertz/Enterprise had it as a luxury supercar rental in a few places in the US, but their employees here had no idea about it.

3. kizagjo

kizagjo Member

Where are you staying in Toronto, and when in July?

Where in Cali are you coming from?
    perhaps offering up a trade, as i might be interested in going to Cali, just for the factory tour.

4. SeanTek

SeanTek Member

I'll PM you. Thanks!

5. asiaworldcity

asiaworldcity Member

I would also like to rent an EV! I am going to visit Toronto during August 16-20, anybody like to lease his/her Tesla? If yes, please PM. Thank you!

6. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

You guys are generous! Not to be mean or anything, but I didn't know that anyone would give his/her car to someone they never met; I know I wouldn't :).

But I personally don't mind lending my car to a friend for a few hours, or give a test drive to someone (even strangers) who are REALLY interested in the car (since Tesla is a rare breed).

7. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

It's a personal thing for sure. I don't even like Tesla driving it and always drop the car off rather than using the valet service, but that's just me. I think with appropriate precautions, there is nothing wrong with this. I know folks who do whole house swaps for vacations - - something else I personally wouldn't be comfortable with.