Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renting a Model S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,
I am going on a japan trip this December (14/12/2017 - 23/12/2017) at Hokkaido and I would like to rent a Tesla there. Is there anyone that could rent me their car or perhaps introduce me to a car rental service in japan that offers a Model S or X? (Preferably 2015 models onwards). Thank you!

Anyca
Anyca (エニカ) "乗ってみたい"に出会えるカーシェアリングアプリ
offers P2P car sharing service which lists six Tesla model S. They are mostly privately owned and you will need to meet the owner to rent the vehicle. Also those cars seems to be in Tokyo, Osaka and Aichi area, not one in Hokkaido.

I can help you creating a driving route from Tokyo to Hokkaido but it also require a ferry ride from Aomori to Hakodate. In Hokkaido there's very little high power charging so you need to plan in advance. In addition cars in Tokyo usually don't have winter tires so you would need to arrange them if you plan to drive up north.

As a result it is very hard for you to rent a model S in Hokkaido...

Anyca
Anyca (エニカ) "乗ってみたい"に出会えるカーシェアリングアプリ
offers P2P car sharing service which lists six Tesla model S. They are mostly privately owned and you will need to meet the owner to rent the vehicle. Also those cars seems to be in Tokyo, Osaka and Aichi area, not one in Hokkaido.

I can help you creating a driving route from Tokyo to Hokkaido but it also require a ferry ride from Aomori to Hakodate. In Hokkaido there's very little high power charging so you need to plan in advance. In addition cars in Tokyo usually don't have winter tires so you would need to arrange them if you plan to drive up north.

As a result it is very hard for you to rent a model S in Hokkaido...[/QUOTE

Ok, thank you!

Reactions: hiroshiy