TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Renting a model X tomorrow 12/8 around Palo Alto

Discussion in 'Model X' started by rathoras, Dec 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rathoras

rathoras New Member

Hi I am relatively new to the bay area and live in Palo Alto. i have some visitors tomorrow and most of our meetings are around Palo Alto and Redwood City. We are trying to see if we can get a model X for us to complete our silicon valley experience. I tried Turo but last minute stuff doesn't work there it seems. I expected the verification process to be instant but it isn't. Any good alternatives, can't find anything on sixt / hertz / google!

2. Jay MX

Jay MX Member

Getaround is a great app for car sharing. The last few times I used in in the SF area, there were Tesla's (Model S) listed for rent. The app is fast and easy to setup and has you on the road in no time. I hope this is helpful.

3. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

Go to your nearest Tesla store and request an extended test drive. If you sound serious, the store will let you take the vehicle overnight. Might want to call the Tesla store to set up an appointment first. Can't hurt to ask and the worst they can say is no. My sales rep allowed me to take a Model S home over night after placing a deposit for a S. You can always cancel your order and get your deposit back if you change your mind.

4. rathoras

rathoras New Member

thanks all, Turo was not so slow after all so am all set!