Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renting a Tesla in Boston or Mass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I have been in search of for Renting a Tesla In Massachusetts, with Boston in mind. Have come across some options & have been pointed in a few directions. Don't want to leave any stone unturned.
The most recommended by many referrals is GSD Rides. They deal in Electric & hybrid rentals. Have a decent number of cars & are fully loaded. Plus their price very well compared to others. Certainly beats rental car companies & boring cars. Here is their site www.gsdrides.com
Another option I have yet to confirm in Mass is Enterprise & Hertz high end rentals. I have been told they carry Tesla's but they are option-less, strictly 85Kw, non-supercharger enabled(dumbest thing I have ever seen). They keep telling me they carry them, but not a single location has confirmed to have one or every had one. Not mention they wanted close to $400 a day and I would only get 100miles.
Tesla has an overnight test drive option which allows you to borrow one of their cars for a night if you have plans to buy. Not 100% confirmed though some say they will do it some say they won't.
Brings me here to asked people of the community what other option exist for rental for Tesla's? There are a handful of chauffeur services with Tesla' but I want to drive the car not be driven.

Reactions: Jurnimon
Hello,
I have been in search of for Renting a Tesla In Massachusetts, with Boston in mind. Have come across some options & have been pointed in a few directions. Don't want to leave any stone unturned.
The most recommended by many referrals is GSD Rides. They deal in Electric & hybrid rentals. Have a decent number of cars & are fully loaded. Plus their price very well compared to others. Certainly beats rental car companies & boring cars. Here is their site www.gsdrides.com
Another option I have yet to confirm in Mass is Enterprise & Hertz high end rentals. I have been told they carry Tesla's but they are option-less, strictly 85Kw, non-supercharger enabled(dumbest thing I have ever seen). They keep telling me they carry them, but not a single location has confirmed to have one or every had one. Not mention they wanted close to $400 a day and I would only get 100miles.
Tesla has an overnight test drive option which allows you to borrow one of their cars for a night if you have plans to buy. Not 100% confirmed though some say they will do it some say they won't.
Brings me here to asked people of the community what other option exist for rental for Tesla's? There are a handful of chauffeur services with Tesla' but I want to drive the car not be driven.

Check out turo.com Lots of Tesla's there to rent.

Hello,

There is no such things as an 85kW non-supercharging enabled Tesla. Tesla has included the ability to supercharge with the 85 kWh battery since day one - and included the ability to supercharge in every car they build since they replaced the original 60 with the 70/70D almost two years ago.

FWIW -- I rented a Tesla Model S from Hertz in March 2015 -- nut in San Francisco. St that time anyway, they only rented Teslas at SFO and LAX airport locations.
I did not happen to use a supercharger during my rental, but nothing was said to me that I couldn't. The car was a 2012 P85.
And you are correct -- it is very pricey. Way more than $400/day once you add taxes and insurance and so on. You have to be a "Gold" member of Hertz to rent their luxury cars.

I met a guy, Nathaniel Wright, at the WPI National Drive Electric event this week who says his company has 4 Teslas to rent, both Model S and X.

The company is Green Share Drive.
www.GSDRides.com

I have no substantive knowledge of the company or its rates, and no vested interest one way or the other -- just passing along info.
:)

Hello everyone,

Yes as some have mentioned. We do rent Tesla's in Boston, surrounding New England area, & also Maui, Hawaii. We have both the Model S & Model X available in Massachusetts. They are 2016 P90D with Ludicrous mode & auto-pilot (none fully autonomous). People rent for wide number of reasons. We are always glad to help a Tesla on the fence buyer. They rent one of our cars & get everything they need answered before making his final decision.
We are always glad to answer any question any may have. Please contact us on our website.
Tesla Rental In Boston

Thank you for your time & have a great day everyone.

Hello,

I highly recommend checking out www.TeslaRents.com, they're centrally located in Boston, all their cars have free supercharging, full autopilot a solid amount of miles, plus they have a P100D which is crazy.

Nate are you traveling to the Boston area? If so when as your post is not clear. My experience is hertz does have Teslas but are being used as a loaner fleet for SC purposes most of the time. The one I was provided was a 60D w/ AP. I have never heard of a non-supercharge capable tesla

Nate are you traveling to the Boston area? If so when as your post is not clear. My experience is hertz does have Teslas but are being used as a loaner fleet for SC purposes most of the time. The one I was provided was a 60D w/ AP. I have never heard of a non-supercharge capable tesla

Old MS 60’s you had to pay $2000 for supercharger access. The MS40 was not supercharger enabled.