TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Renting a Tesla, Miami to Orlando

Discussion in 'Model S' started by randvegeta, Aug 21, 2018.

1. randvegeta

randvegeta Member

Hello all.

My family and I will be travelling to the US for a short holiday in November/December time.

(We drive a Model S back home in Lithuania.)

We will be landing in at Miami airport and need to get over to Orlando a few days later. I'm wondering if there are any companies that rent out Teslas in Miami, that could be dropped off in Orlando.

Would prefer not to drive an ICE if possible. Not really bothered about which model, so a performance model is not necessary. I would even be fine if the car was stuck in valet mode :). It's a 234m drive, but I assume there will be SuperChargers on route.

If anyone knows if this is possible, please let me know!

I'm also open to an uber/taxi like situation, but I expect that would be far more expensive.

Renting an ICE seems pretty cheap though.

2. MrRandyB

MrRandyB Member

3. randvegeta

randvegeta Member

Yeah I figured that might be an issue.

4. jorobsand

jorobsand Member

Enterprise Car Rental has Tesla's available from the Miami airport. You can always drop off an Enterprise rental at a different location than pick-up, just usually costs a little bit more.

However, Enterprise considers the Tesla to be an "exotic" so it might be pretty expensive. And they might have a restriction on this class being dropped off at a different location, but I'm not sure. I'm guessing if you can, it will run you at least $150 USD / day.

5. M423

M423 Member

6. randvegeta

randvegeta Member

A bit expensive but might be worth while.

I only need it to for a few hours. To get to Orlando from Miami. So its 230 miles or so. Pick up and drop off on the same day.

I figure an ICE would probably cost me about $100 or so, including petrol. I don't mind paying extra for an EV, and presumably you don't need to return the car fully charged :D.

But from what I can see, it looks like we're talking about $300+ /day with a 100-200mile daily limit, which is not what I'm looking for.

Turo Tesla's are a bit expensive, and I can't imagine who would do pickup/dropoff in different locations.

7. M423

M423 Member

Oh no these are my personal cars would need to be returned back to me in Miami, I can always change pricing , it’s on auto pricing. If dropping it off in Orlando better check rental companies.

8. randvegeta

randvegeta Member

Oh you have a Model 3?

I'll be in Miami for 4 nights. I don't need a car while there, but I would be interested in both seeing and test driving a Model 3. I'm thinking of buying one, but it will be years before they come to Europe, let alone Lithuania :).

How much do you charge?