Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renting a Tesla, Miami to Orlando

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all.

My family and I will be travelling to the US for a short holiday in November/December time.

(We drive a Model S back home in Lithuania.)

We will be landing in at Miami airport and need to get over to Orlando a few days later. I'm wondering if there are any companies that rent out Teslas in Miami, that could be dropped off in Orlando.

Would prefer not to drive an ICE if possible. Not really bothered about which model, so a performance model is not necessary. I would even be fine if the car was stuck in valet mode :). It's a 234m drive, but I assume there will be SuperChargers on route.

If anyone knows if this is possible, please let me know!

I'm also open to an uber/taxi like situation, but I expect that would be far more expensive.

Renting an ICE seems pretty cheap though.

Enterprise Car Rental has Tesla's available from the Miami airport. You can always drop off an Enterprise rental at a different location than pick-up, just usually costs a little bit more.

However, Enterprise considers the Tesla to be an "exotic" so it might be pretty expensive. And they might have a restriction on this class being dropped off at a different location, but I'm not sure. I'm guessing if you can, it will run you at least $150 USD / day.

However, Enterprise considers the Tesla to be an "exotic" so it might be pretty expensive. And they might have a restriction on this class being dropped off at a different location, but I'm not sure. I'm guessing if you can, it will run you at least $150 USD / day.

A bit expensive but might be worth while.

I only need it to for a few hours. To get to Orlando from Miami. So its 230 miles or so. Pick up and drop off on the same day.

I figure an ICE would probably cost me about $100 or so, including petrol. I don't mind paying extra for an EV, and presumably you don't need to return the car fully charged :D.

But from what I can see, it looks like we're talking about $300+ /day with a 100-200mile daily limit, which is not what I'm looking for.

Turo Tesla's are a bit expensive, and I can't imagine who would do pickup/dropoff in different locations.

I use Turo to share the Tesla experience I have my Model S and Model 3 for rent. If you like take a look. I’ll be glad to help.

Check out my car on Turo! Rent M’s 2016 Tesla Model S in Miami, FL | Turo

Still renting ..? Would need from Jan25th to Feb 2nd, but auto pricing is beyond hefty :D On the other hand, as a Tesla owner, don't really want to get other brands.

Reactions: M423
You can click on my Turo profile to see my Tesla's available below , ill be glad to help and make it work

Check out my Model 3 on Turo
Rent M’s 2018 Tesla Model 3 in Miami, FL | Turo

Check out my Model S on Turo!
Rent M’s 2016 Tesla Model S in Miami, FL | Turo

What a coinsidence that you have a picture outside EAST Miami. That's where I stayed during our trip.

Had a great time. Managed to rent a PM3 for a day from a guy who worked next door in Brickell City Centre. What a fantastic little car!

Too small as a family car IMO, but a great little driver's car. Funny because it actually has more cargo space than an Audi A8, which of course is much closer in size to a Model S.

Took the PM3 out to the everglades. Range anxiety is really NOT a thing. You can drive that thing as you please and that battery just has soo much range. Fantastic!

Envious of all those who own one. Puts my 2014, pre-AP Model S 60 to shame.

Reactions: M423
You can click on my Turo profile to see my Tesla's available below , ill be glad to help and make it work

Check out my Model 3 on Turo
Rent M’s 2018 Tesla Model 3 in Miami, FL | Turo

Check out my Model S on Turo!
Rent M’s 2016 Tesla Model S in Miami, FL | Turo

Hi there, i'd be interested in renting for 9 days from 31st Aug to 9th September. I'm travelling from London. Interested if you can give me a deal on that, as the insurance on Turo is taking the car significantly over my budget.