Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renting a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X was in a fender bender and will take 6 (!) weeks to be fixed. I was thinking of renting a Tesla (any model) until mine is fixed. Does anyone know how to do that in a way that isn't exorbitant? I would rather do this person-to-person than go through a company that charges their own fee on top, if possible. Thanks so much. Don't let me be sentenced to 6 weeks of gas stations please :)

Turo is the only thing that comes to mind. Might be able to find someone on there willing to do a long-term rental at a reasonable rate. You could also check out swap-a-lease and see if someone has a 2 month lease left they want to get out of (seems unlikely). There is always Craigs List as well. Take out an ad and see if anyone answers.

My X was in a fender bender and will take 6 (!) weeks to be fixed. I was thinking of renting a Tesla (any model) until mine is fixed. Does anyone know how to do that in a way that isn't exorbitant? I would rather do this person-to-person than go through a company that charges their own fee on top, if possible. Thanks so much. Don't let me be sentenced to 6 weeks of gas stations please :)
Where are you located?

I habe rented four Teslas from Turo and all of my experiences have been good. Many owners offer good discounts for weekly and monthly rentals. There are also many owners who think their cars are worth way more than they are, so be sure to shop around. Unfortunately, the only way to ask an owner a question is to actually proceed with submitting a rental inquiry (fully refundable), so that can make it difficult to get more information.