Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renting an EV in Norway: not easy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any update on this?

I'm looking to rent a Tesla for an upcoming trip to Germany. I'm also interested in possibly road tripping through Scandinavia and/or the Benelux region, but Germany is a must for this trip. So I'm open to picking up at or near a major airport in one of those countries. I'd probably prefer a Model S, but I'd be open to a Model X or Model 3 as well as long as I get FREE supercharging of course :)

Wish I would saw this earlier but I joined this forum just a month ago. I was visiting norway in June and rented Tesla through Peer-to-peer bilutleie | GoMore. It cost me about $500 less than I would through SIXT and sixt were the cheapest ones in the area for renting Tesla (compare to other rental car companies). Had a valid USA driver license and that was accepted.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share my experience with renting electric car in Norway.
II booked "Tesla model S or similar" at SIXT for 10 days in July 2019, pick up in Trondheim and return in Oslo
As a result I got Jaguar i-pace (as :similar:) with about ~300 miles range which was good. Also it was SUV unlike model S.
Overall it was a nice experience to try it though I would prefer Tesla :)
I checked today this option is still available on SIXT website

Just wanted to share my experience with renting electric car in Norway.
II booked "Tesla model S or similar" at SIXT for 10 days in July 2019, pick up in Trondheim and return in Oslo
As a result I got Jaguar i-pace (as :similar:) with about ~300 miles range which was good. Also it was SUV unlike model S.
Overall it was a nice experience to try it though I would prefer Tesla :)
I checked today this option is still available on SIXT website
Yeah I saw that and the fact that a non-Tesla was included as one of the "similar" cars kept me from renting with them. The only traditional rental company I could find that guaranteed the car type was Sixt at the Schiphol airport in Amsterdam. They gave me a 2016 Model S70 that had some issues, but did have Autopilot at least. The daily rate was not bad but the overage charges for mileage were brutal. You only got 200km/day included with your rental.