TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Renting Tesla Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by mike81b, Jan 25, 2015.

1. mike81b

mike81b Member

Good Morning Everyone,

Has anyone ever thought about renting there Model S to visitors? If so, how much would you rent a Tesla for each day.

2. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

We rented a Model S from this company in Houston when we went to visit family in Texas for a week last year. It was absolutely fantastic to be able to drive a familiar, safe car. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

I got the impression that they were initially the owner of a Model S, decided to rent it out occasionally, the business took off, and they bought several more cars solely to rent out.

Probably helps that it's harder to do test drives at Tesla Galleries in Texas than many other states, so that expands the demand there.

The owners were super friendly and real Tesla enthusiasts. They might be willing to share their experience with you if you're serious about starting up a business doing the same.

3. Glitch

Glitch Member

When I went to vegas there was 1 company that offered the model s for rent. not the performance version. They charged 700 USD A DAY!!!!

4. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

The company I linked to charges $1000 a week. Compared to a comparable luxury rental from the usual places, this was actually pretty reasonable.

$700 a day is just ridiculous and catering to the Vegas joyride and bling crowd.

5. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

There is also a company in Toronto that now has a Tesla and rents it for about $700/day.

6. mindsweeper

mindsweeper Member