Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renton Service Center - Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would write a quick review of my first ever service of my inventory 2016 MX 75D that I bought a month ago.

When the MX was delivered to me, it had a cracked windshield (my used sales person advised me of that before loading it onto a truck in dallas to bring it to me) and it was put as a "due bill". When the windshield came in a few weeks later, I was asked to make an appointment in the app, which I happily did, and added a few items.
  1. Windshield replacement (due bill)
  2. Program a FOB
  3. Install HW3 (car came as FSD capable, so free HW3 upgrade)
  4. Rear FWD windows both squeaked and seemed to struggle a little going up and down
  5. Passenger seat motor sound like a dying cat
  6. Front bumper valance got very loose during a drive and I was able to literally pull it off, please reattach.
I made my appointment for the first available slot, 9:15am on 8/14 (friday). Shortly after I made the appointment, I got an email saying they had ordered HW3 and some harness. A day before my appointment I got a flurry of texts saying all the parts were in, and how to check in etc. I also got a text saying loaners were not guaranteed, but they would get me a rental car or uber credits.

Day 0 (8/14) I arrive a little early and check in. Super easy over a QR code then they call me (even though I can see them through the glass) and go over the plan. They let me know they will need my car until monday and that no loaners are available... etc etc. I mention that I will be in the area working remote most of the day and they put me on a list for the first loaner that came in. I left my keys in the car and walked away. At noon I call them to check on the possibility of a loaner since traffic was starting to get ugly. They said they had one just come back and it was mine, they just needed to make sure it was ready and I could come at 1:30 to get it. I show up, call them and they walk out and hand me the FOB. It's a 2016 MS P90D with AP1 and it's neutered in chill mode, dirty as hell, but hey.. it's a loaner! I drive off happy, get home and give her a bath! I check the app a few times and I see that they have already started working on Falcor (yes, that's my name for my MX). Doors are open, she's in service mode... life is good.

Day 1 (8/15) I see they work on the car a little more, then it's just parked in the lot. No biggie, loaner is fine, went to a SC and topped her off, kept on driving around.

Day 2 (8/16) It's sunday, so I know she's going to be lonely all day on that lot. I check on the app and her inside temp is 148 degrees, so I kick on the AC for a bit. Charge is down to 35%, so a get it cool and turn it off. Throughout the day I do this a few more times.

Day 3 (8/17) I am supposed to have my car done by 2:15 per the app. At noon I text the SC and ask them the status, they ask to keep Falcor 1 more day as they are finishing things up. No problem, but my loaner is being a pain.. The PIN to drive is freaking out, locking up, screen is glitching each time. I have to 4 button reset each time I want to start the MS.. They tell me to deactivate the PIN, and that solved it. Good communication. At the end of the day, my MX was down to 29%.

Day 4 (8/18) They are in Falcor early in the AM doing stuff and I get a call from the Service center saying that they have to order me a new valance for the bumper and to expect an email. Shortly after I get the email, and then a text saying she's ready for pickup, with similar instruction on how to check in as Day 0. I text back and ask her to be put on a charger as she is at 24% and that will probably not get me home. I never received a return text, but 10 min later the App said she was charging. I arrive at Renton at 4:10 and check-in. They call me and tell me everything has been done except the valance and passenger seat motor replacement. They let me know that as soon as those parts come in, they will dispatch a ranger to me to fix those items. They then come out and we swap keys and I go inspect my MX, unplug the charging cable and drive home.

Side note: FSD calibration took about 20 minutes of driving, and she is downloading the map updates now that I am home on wifi. Hope to see some of the stop signs and lights tomorrow. I will say that it seemed like the AP on the drive home was smoother than normal.

Back to the main topic, I was pretty happy with the Renton Service Center. I have heard tons of horror stories but from Delivery to now Service #1 I felt like I was listened to, taken care of and my issues resolved.