TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Repair 3 months and counting

Discussion in 'Model X' started by joshmott04, Jan 24, 2017.

1. joshmott04

joshmott04 New Member

I have a Tesla Model X , my back door got tied up with a tree branch and the alignment is off. I took it to get repaired, they told me it would take about 21 days to repair. But now all I hear is that they are waiting on parts to come in.

Has anyone had a door repaired? If so how long did it take you? I only had the car for 1 month lol I've been in this rental car longer then I had the car.

Attached Files:

2. bro1999

bro1999 Member

How did your X's FWD get tied up with a tree branch? Hope it wasn't a random opening and your X just decided to open the FWD.

3. Wineborg

Wineborg Member

Can't real tell what the FWD issue you had by looking at your photo either. Dent? scratches?

4. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

Well, the alignment looks a bit off... :)

5. joshmott04

joshmott04 New Member

No dents or scratches, everything is internal.

6. Tam

Tam Active Member

May be I am asking too much but can't those sensors pick up tree branch signature as well?

7. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

Maybe Tesla should take a break from innovating to make/order some spare parts. :confused:

• Like x 1
  8. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

When I took delivery of My X last February the hatch was slightly cocked. They agreed to replace the hatch but said they will need my car for 6-8 weeks and it would take several months to get the parts. In the meantime a lot of other problems developed at which point they agreed to replace the car.