Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair back glass edge chip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a chip in the back glass of my Model 3 on the edge.

I am looking for any experience with repairing the edge chip without replacing the entire back glass.
My M3 LR AWD is from Nov 2018, and has the glass that reflects multicolor beads when wet - and do not want to replace with glass that doesn't have this effect.

Interested in experiences good or bad with glass repair for edge chips.

Arggghhh.. Sorry to hear this happened to you too. This just happened to me. Are you under warranty? First thing I did was call my insurance, they go through safelite. They said Tesla is the only one that can replace it and referred me to them and then send my insurance the bill and I then of course would have to pay my deductible. I scheduled window replacement through the Tesla app. Tesla said they couldn't see any contact type damage so they replaced the whole back window for free. ( I am still under Bumper to Bumper Warranty) The Tech said they see almost one of these a week come into the shop.

I know you were asking for repair without replacing the whole glass but thought I'd share that story with you in case you're forced to replace. BTW, safelite said it can't be repaired without even looking at it. Which is okay as the 2 inch crack went to a foot long crack after driving a few miles.

Take that for what it's worth and good luck!