Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair discussion (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And would that not be insurance fraud as well? (Does insurance cover intentional damage?)

Yes, that would be insurance fraud. Which is probably why the took down the video of him driving it into the wall. Because it was so obviously on purpose. I think his insurance company should sue them for fraud. Then his son "Tommy" would have to swear under oath that the accident was not pre-planned.

I think it's pretty suspicious that the guy backed up hard into a wall at his own shop. Apparently he 'misjudged the angle'. The damage is covered by insurance and their channel gets a huge boost..

Has a relationship with Anton Wahlman. I think this whole fiasco is fake.

That was obvious to me as soon as I saw him back into the wall. It's on video and is as fake as all get-out.

How these cretins can sleep at night is beyond my comprehension.

So the premise is: "Hey, let's buy a Model 3, crash it intentionally, get the only available body shop to collude with us and have them screw up and delay the repair, and Tesla will also collude and delay parts shipments, and refuse to communicate, and this will get us a few more views than just using and reviewing the car."

Sorry, I don't buy that level of conspiracy. What possible benefit would the body shop have to publicly look incompetent? How could TFL know that both the body shop and Tesla would cause delays? Because if neither of those happen their "plan" to get clicks from a poor repair experience would fail.

So the premise is: "Hey, let's buy a Model 3, crash it intentionally, get the only available body shop to collude with us and have them screw up and delay the repair, and Tesla will also collude and delay parts shipments, and refuse to communicate, and this will get us a few more views than just using and reviewing the car."

No, more like this:

They noticed that other Youtuber's (ones with Model 3's) were getting more views than they were. They didn't want to support Tesla by buying a Model 3 (because they have bet Tesla stock was over-priced and will lose a lot of money if Tesla is successful) but being the "smart" guys they think they are, they figured that by buying one they could dissuade more sales than the one sale they added. Being an owner and Tesla "enthusiasts" would give them more credibility than lobbing criticisms from the sidelines. They have a unique way of acting like enthusiasts but always subtly scaring off the fence-sitters from making the biggest purchase of their lives.

They didn't get Tesla to collude or delay parts shipments other than by being vague or confusing on what they actually needed or were trying to order. I'm not the only one who concluded the independent body shop did not always act in a timely fashion but Tesla has some culpability here too. Taking a confrontational tone in their communications with Tesla insured no one at Tesla was going to bend over backward to help them.

Sorry, I don't buy that level of conspiracy. What possible benefit would the body shop have to publicly look incompetent? How could TFL know that both the body shop and Tesla would cause delays? Because if neither of those happen their "plan" to get clicks from a poor repair experience would fail.

Well, you probably didn't see the initial video where "Tommy" backed the car into their concrete block garage wall, a video that has now been removed, likely because it's evidence of insurance fraud. Why else would they remove a revenue-generating video? As to the motivations of the "independent" auto body shop, I couldn't tell you but it might be productive to investigate any connections between the body shop and known Tesla short-sellers. They could be short TSLA themselves (I simply don't know). But I don't need to know every detail of this mini-conspiracy to know the car was crashed on purpose.

I don't care if you believe it or not. But anyone who doubts the car was purposefully backed into a wall either didn't see the original video of the crash or they are not very good at putting all the evidence together and forming the only conclusion that allows all the pieces to fall into place.

How did they get the body shop and Tesla to go along with this plan? How did they know ahead of time that the repair would go poorly?

We don't know, obviously, they didn't tell us the details of their plan.:rolleyes:

And nobody claimed Tesla went along with their plan. Tesla was not the primary reason the repair took so long, it was the "incompetence" of the shop ordering the parts. They also broke the rear glass when removing it and then acted like that was Tesla's fault.

Well, you probably didn't see the initial video where "Tommy" backed the car into their concrete block garage wall, a video that has now been removed, likely because it's evidence of insurance fraud.

This is the first video I saw posted, dated April 26

Are you saying there was one predating this one? Did anyone link it? Because if so there should be a post with a missing video.

How did they get the body shop and Tesla to go along with this plan? How did they know ahead of time that the repair would go poorly?
(I didn't watch the series since they're dirtbags..blocked their channel after i saw them setting up the scam with the damage video)
anton when ur around u wanna fill us in on the tiny details in the scheme here with these yubers?

• Funny
Reactions: Fact Checking
This is the first video I saw posted, dated April 26

Are you saying there was one predating this one? Did anyone link it? Because if so there should be a post with a missing video.

I haven't seen any links to the missing video. I watched it while I was browsing new YouTube videos about the Model 3. And now I can't find it. It was pretty funny the way Tommy drove it right into the corner of the garage wall. And then acted all "sad" that he had to call his dad and tell him of the damage. Let me put it this way:

I will guarantee you will never see Tommy starring in a Hollywood movie. It was so transparent it was comical. From that moment, I already knew what was going to happen.

I haven't seen any links to the missing video. I watched it while I was browsing new YouTube videos about the Model 3. And now I can't find it. It was pretty funny the way Tommy drove it right into the corner of the garage wall. And then acted all "sad" that he had to call his dad and tell him of the damage. Let me put it this way:
I will guarantee you will never see Tommy starring in a Hollywood movie. It was so transparent it was comical. From that moment, I already knew what was going to happen.
exactly my spot. happily added them for about 2 or 3 videos worth of tesla content thinking it another real car review channel that would join the fun and give tesla a fair showing vs old competition. Quickly realized after that exact 'episode' that this was a made-for-tv fud-vertisement. Then later that funny pic of anton and this guy in the audi e'tron putting on their performance (or was it the jaguar??my mind a little foggy)... all the signs are there this is a channel taking fud-funding.

The video of him hitting the wall and then calling his dad is this video. He says before calling his dad and the insurance company that he has read online about these kind of repairs taking 3-4 months so they frame it well from the start. After that we got this epic series of moronic mishaps.

From what I understand, none of this requires Tesla to have gone along with it. They just kept breaking things while it was in the shop, causing further delays. Ordering the wrong glass didn’t help either.
OK, so the body shop agrees to look incompetent on camera for all the world to see. Nope, does not pass the sniff test. This shop obviously does a lot of work on a lot of vehicles, including Tesla's. Why would they agree to go along with this "plan"?

Reactions: Icer

Anyone have some investigative journalism skills, or live close to the repair shop to go and check if there is actually a grey model 3 with bumper/roof damage?

Rickenbaugh Collision Repair Center in Denver, CO, 80204
Google Maps

OK, so the body shop agrees to look incompetent on camera for all the world to see. Nope, does not pass the sniff test. This shop obviously does a lot of work on a lot of vehicles, including Tesla's. Why would they agree to go along with this "plan"?

The body shop has more work than they can handle and yet they can't raise their prices due to insurance price capping. This is not going to hurt their business one bit. In fact, that family owned auto body shop also owns a chain of new car dealerships (Cadillac/Volvo). Do you think their family business might be threatened by the success of Tesla?

Look, I'm not going to try to convince you, you obviously don't want to believe what is plainly obvious to anyone who saw the original (now deleted) video.

Last edited:
The video of him hitting the wall and then calling his dad is this video. He says before calling his dad and the insurance company that he has read online about these kind of repairs taking 3-4 months so they frame it well from the start. After that we got this epic series of moronic mishaps.

That's not the same video I originally saw. The original video had the crash on video. It also had a different clip of Tommy lamenting that he had to call his dad. What struck me on the original video was there was easily detectable "glee" underlying what was supposed to be dread in having to tell his dad. It was like he was having fun and felt strangely liberated by being able to crash a brand new car then tell his dad knowing full well he was not in trouble. That emotion was showing strongly through the supposed dread he was pretending to feel.

I'm not surprised they deleted those clips. In fact, having seen the newer version, isn't that his dad in the background when Tommy is doing the four-wheel roller test? The accident happened right after he did the four wheel roller test and was pulling the car into the garage for some other purpose (I forgot what for). And then he called his dad on his cell-phone to inform him of the crash. If that's his dad during the roller test, it doesn't leave much time for his dad to leave before the accident was filmed (he would only need to call his dad if he wasn't already present for the crash).

I think they just want their car back. This was supposed to be a series about how great the Model 3 was, that's how it started out. The body shop not ordering parts until they got further into it is not unusual. I think you're seeing bad intent where there is none. The lack of communication from Tesla, an ongoing problem, is inexcusable.
I somewhat agree with your point but I saw the original video they removed and they purposely crashed the car. I think they did their research and figured they could get good thumbs up and viewership no matter which way they had to spin it. They just got lucky with the repair shop breaking the glass and dragging the job out. Plus it seems they picked the worst insurance company in their state for a Tesla.... but again that probably wasn't on purpose. The cards just happened to play in this direction for them and they are eating it u for as many clicks as possible. If it had gone the other way they would have probably been happy too.

There is absolutely nothing Tesla can say or do to change what is going on. The repair shop is probably the one making all the mistakes. I know the competition used to be a certified body shop for Tesla when I had my S fixed in 2013. It was amazing how bad their work was on Teslas. (I had to have my door repainted when it stated chipping off) Tesla de-certified them as soon as others were available. A real Tesla body shop like here in STL has most common parts on hand already. No need to wait weeks for them. Tesla body shops are very busy with Tesla's so they know exactly what parts to keep on hand. Tesla can not fix the problems of a third party repair shop. The one hey had to take their 3 to was only certified because it was the only one State Farm would use in that area. Otherwise I bet Tesla would drop that shop.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
From what I understand, none of this requires Tesla to have gone along with it. They just kept breaking things while it was in the shop, causing further delays. Ordering the wrong glass didn’t help either.

Free advertising for the body shop in the videos though. Although with respect to Tesla owners as potential customers I would indeed hope, as the body shop, that there's indeed no such thing as bad publicity ;-).

• Disagree
Reactions: bhtooefr