Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cry for me. My 6-month-old 2020 M3P with less than 4k miles was involved in a minor accident over the weekend. The bumper took the brunt of the damage but the hood is bent I think. It doesn't sit flush with the fenders anymore. The headlights are also slightly misaligned. Still in the process of getting the other driver's insurance to pay for everything, but I was wondering what everyone thinks the repair cost would be? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_152715.jpg
    IMG_20210327_152715.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20210328_115044.jpg
    IMG_20210328_115044.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_20210328_115131.jpg
    IMG_20210328_115131.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20210328_115404.jpg
    IMG_20210328_115404.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20210328_115614.jpg
    IMG_20210328_115614.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20210328_115630.jpg
    IMG_20210328_115630.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Disagree
Reactions: XLR82XS and Phlier
This happened to me in my 2016 Model S, recorded by driving camera. The other driver kept adjusting position for hopping into traffic, then while still in reverse floored it and rammed into my car ... repairs were about 10k and took 6 weeks because of parts delays (no airbags). The driver had one of those newer insurance companies that charge by miles driven, all internet based. I was amazed when their adjuster initially concluded 2k and sent me a check :)) !!

Upvote 0
Cry for me. My 6-month-old 2020 M3P with less than 4k miles was involved in a minor accident over the weekend. The bumper took the brunt of the damage but the hood is bent I think. It doesn't sit flush with the fenders anymore. The headlights are also slightly misaligned. Still in the process of getting the other driver's insurance to pay for everything, but I was wondering what everyone thinks the repair cost would be? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I had a simular experience with my car a couple years ago. Without going into specifics; the damages seemed minor and indeed they were; however, the cost to fix was enormous and the time it took to fix it was just north of two months. I had to get a new hood that had to be ordered from the factory along with other parts. A lot of the time was waiting on the parts to come in. At the time there was no aftermarket for Tesla parts and I don't know if that has changed or if the parts supply for Tesla's are much better but that is what I ran into. Incidently, what I considered minor ended up costing well over 20K to repair. The upside is they had no choice but to use factory made parts so the depreciation was negligeable but the wait and cost was unbearable. Good luck!

Upvote 0
That was hard to watch... I *am* crying for you. This "Dad" thing doesn't surprise me, it totally looks like a really inexperienced driver. They were going to turn, but probably second-guessed their opportunity, then tried to back up before the oncoming traffic got there... but didn't bother to look in the rear-view. There was a kid at the wheel.

They should get rid of that Lexus and buy a Tesla. I don't think FSD is really there yet, but certainly would do better than that kid :)

Reactions: JeffnReno
Upvote 0

Thanks!

$12,000. Sad to see.

Upvote 0
Finally was able to drop my car off at a Tesla Approved body shop. This was their repair cost after dismantling and reviewing the damage. All parts were ordered are OEM and ordered from Tesla. So far, this is basically what I expected going in to this, but based on the comments here, I did worry that it was going to be higher. Now, just need to wait a little bit for the parts to come in and for them to wrap up the work. Hopefully, I can enjoy my M3 by the middle of next week!

Repair Costs.png

• Informative
Reactions: NikolaACDC
Upvote 0