Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair for LED strip that is out in headlight?

dennisvab

Dec 1, 2017
Central New York
My passenger side headlight’s LED strip is out. I believe I have heard of others having this issue. It isn’t software related as I’ve had a couple updates since. I’m sure the service center would just replace the entire headlamp assembly. I’m looking for a solution to repair it, if it makes sense to. I do not have any warranty coverage from Tesla. I outlined above the strip in black.

Attachments

• 87363D23-2FA6-4321-A86E-1A8B108B3990.png
    87363D23-2FA6-4321-A86E-1A8B108B3990.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 36

brobinson

May 23, 2018
Ohio
Yes, it gets replaced by Tesla with an updated part number that presumably doesn't have the issue.

Not sure of your circumstances and why you don't have a warranty, but I think you'll either need to pay tesla to do it or purchase the assembly and do it yourself. I believe it requires removing the bumper to replace.

Here is the new headlight part number that they replaced my defective unit with.

upload_2019-9-9_11-43-18.png

Reactions: dennisvab

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC