Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair of Model 3 Tesla Repair Bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I'm wondering if I could get some advice regarding repairing or replacing a damaged rear bumper.

Here are some pictures . . .. the scratches are just to the left of the middle of the bumper.

image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Does this look reparable? There are 2 pretty deep gouges which I'm thinking would need to be filled in with some type of material before the area is sanded and painted. Or would I need to get a new bumper? If I need a new bumper, does anyone know if I can buy one from Tesla (painted blue).and install it myself?

Thanks for the advice!

Hello! I'm wondering if I could get some advice regarding repairing or replacing a damaged rear bumper.

Here are some pictures . . .. the scratches are just to the left of the middle of the bumper.

View attachment 826396 View attachment 826397

Does this look reparable? There are 2 pretty deep gouges which I'm thinking would need to be filled in with some type of material before the area is sanded and painted. Or would I need to get a new bumper? If I need a new bumper, does anyone know if I can buy one from Tesla (painted blue).and install it myself?

Thanks for the advice!
If you bring it to a shop they can probably sand out it out and bondo it, then repaint.

As for pre-painted bumpers, yes, Tesla does have them (given there isn't that many colors):
Have You Purchased a Pre-Painted Bumper from Tesla?

Note that depending on the age of your vehicle, the paint color may not match exactly (applies also to if a body shop repaints).

Upvote 0

Does this look reparable?

Yes.
But financially, you will be better off replacing the plastic covers.

There are 2 pretty deep gouges which I'm thinking would need to be filled in with some type of material before the area is sanded and painted. Or would I need to get a new bumper? If I need a new bumper, does anyone know if I can buy one from Tesla (painted blue).and install it myself?

I had a pre-painted bumper installed at a Tesla SC a few years back, as part of collision repair.
The "collision" was caused by a parking attendant bumping the nose of the car into something. Barely visible damage, but it took out the undertray (fell out on the drive home), and the front radar. Became an insurance claim. Everything got replaced at a Tesla SC.

Pre-painted bumper cover (aka fascia) was $900.
Install and replace labor was $175.

HTH,
a

Upvote 0