Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair Options: Bricked Roadster v1.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Timbrewer

Roadster Signature #29
Jul 7, 2013
Greenbelt, MD, USA
I've got a roadster who's battery won't accept a charge. Tesla service advises replacing the battery but doesn't know when one will be available. I'd greatly appreciate any advice on repair options, but I'm not hopeful. Will probably end up selling it as-is.

Located in Maryland, but willing to ship for repair.

Thanks
Tim

Tim,

Sorry to hear #29 has a dead ESS. I would reach out to Carl Medlock in Seattle ASAP. @CM_007. He is an experienced and prior employee of the company during the Roadster days, and personally one of the only people I’d trust third-party to work on either of my Roadsters.

I've got a roadster who's battery won't accept a charge. Tesla service advises replacing the battery but doesn't know when one will be available. I'd greatly appreciate any advice on repair options, but I'm not hopeful. Will probably end up selling it as-is.

Located in Maryland, but willing to ship for repair.

Thanks
Tim

Home | Gruber Motors

Gruber might be able to revive it depending on how long it's been bricked. I was just there a couple weeks ago to drop off some parts. They had a couple Roadster batteries on the floor being revived. Unfortunately, not all can be brought back.

Good luck!

I have their emails and phone numbers if you want to send me a PM as well.

Reactions: ra88it