Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair or replace quarter panel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened today in a parking garage.
Damage to both quarter panel and bumper.
Went to 3 diff bodyshop and quotes below:
1 service king in Montclair: $2800 for repair both panel and bumper, manager said shouldn't be any structure damage and quarter panel is repairable. Only parts needed are pins/hooks, total repair time is around 1 week.
2. diamond hill collision center: $3000-4000, replace both panel but possible more internal damage. Takes 2 months for repair.
3. Pomona Tesla bodyshop: $6000-7000, service advisor said both need to replaced, quarter panel can't be fixed to look as good as new ones. He also peeled wheel liner and peeked inside noticed damage to wheel housing, need to be repaired or replaced. Total repair time 4 weeks.
I'm a little shocked to see tesla own bodyshop is the most expensive. Need advice on quarter panel repair vs replace.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6090.JPG
    IMG_6090.JPG
    549.1 KB · Views: 2,771
Curious to follow how repairs proceed.
Shooting at the hip here... I'm thinking that price wise, Pamona is probably the most accurate. Just a humble opinion, based on a friends front MX damage that involved a front quarter panel.
If you are repaired any less than 6 weeks, I'm thinking that's going to be impressive. If you can drive it while parts are on order.... definitely consider that option. Going without a Tesla is miserable.
Will follow this thread. Please keep updating how this proceeds.

My car is actually being repaired for very similar damage. I got two quotes, both said repairing damage like that isn't realistic and would need parts replaced.

My first quote was upwards of $12,000, I'm pretty sure the guy saw a younger person driving a Tesla and assumed he was a fool... This quote was to replace the quarter panel and rear bumper. Sadly i got this quote first and thought i was doomed...

My second quote was for $4,000 to replace the quarter panel, rear bumper as well as some other things that were not included in my first shops repair quote.

Both quotes had time estimates of 2-4 weeks after parts arrived, also both were at Tesla certified repair shops on the east coast.

Best of luck with the repairs.