Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair parts Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I recently had a bad front-end collision. Just received insurance company's approval for repairs and they are now towing the car to an approved Tesla body shop in San Francisco. Question, when you contacted Tesla Body Shop support, what information did you provide in order to look up the order status?
They asked for the last 6 of the VIN and the location where the repairs had been approved/parts ordered from.

Reactions: MJGolf
Hi, I recently had a bad front-end collision. Just received insurance company's approval for repairs and they are now towing the car to an approved Tesla body shop in San Francisco. Question, when you contacted Tesla Body Shop support, what information did you provide in order to look up the order status?
Hi - in case you did not already get the information, all you have to do is call Tesla and connect with the Tesla body shop support rep and tell them your name and phone #. Maybe VIN too but I think they were easily able to look our car up. Good luck!

Reactions: MJGolf
I'm sorry you're going through this. It may be too late for you, but I have a solution for other people.

Got rearended in mid June. Went to authorized Tesla repair shop. Shop has been waiting for parts for two months fro Tesla. Really...two months! Is this the norm?
That's unacceptable. But:

Sounds pretty fast for a 3rd party body shop repairing a Tesla, but I've had better luck with a better shop, only one week, plus they told me what cars they needed, took a deposit and pre-ordered, and had me drop off the car when they were actually ready to repair it, so I could drive it around in the meanwhile (the car was still drivable). A lot of body shops blame the slowness repairing Teslas on Tesla. I think someone is lying between Tesla and the third party body shops. Who knows what or why. BUT! Tesla has decided to short-circuit this and all of Tesla's body shops so far are giving WAY better service. For everyone in the future, only use Tesla body shops from now on:

I'm trying to spread awareness, so sorry I'm talking about this when you didn't know, but:

Like, as in right now, NEVER use anything but Tesla Body Repair Centers (owned by Tesla, not a 3rd party). That goes for EVERYONE that is within range of a Tesla Body Repair Centers. They didn't have those when I owned my Tesla car, otherwise I would definitely have used them instead. Today, if someone is within range of a Tesla Body Repair Centers, goes to a 3rd party repair shop instead, and has trouble, they only have themselves to blame. Don't let a tow truck driver tow your car to anything but a Tesla Body Repair Centers or your home; if they refuse, then have them put it someplace where the Tesla Body Repair Centers can get it, and get on the line with Tesla right away to figure that out. Don't ever let the tow operator arm twist you into anything, and stay safe because you don't want to be caught on the freeway or roadway arguing with them. They'll probably lie and say they're bringing it to a Tesla Body Repair Centers when actually they're bringing it to a third party shop, and lie and claim they "thought" you "meant a shop that can work on Teslas" which is not the same thing. DO NOT GO TO A TESLA AUTHORIZED BODY SHOP IF YOU CAN GO TO A TESLA BODY SHOP.

If you had known about it, there's one nearby you in Maryland, only a 4 hour drive from New York. (Yes, states are that tiny in the East Coast, almost like towns!!!)

Last edited:
My car is currently sitting at the Tesla Body Shop in San Jose for the past 11 days for glass damage from a break in & Tesla has yet to even look at the car. They promised it would be looked at by now & of course now said it would be a week longer before they assess the damage. My insurance company already assessed but Tesla is too busy to get around to my car. I’ll never purchase/lease another Tesla again. The parts disaster shows they only care about getting your money as a new customer but not retaining you. Back to Mercedes I go.