Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair/Parts wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next headache will be to get a rental car that is the same class as mine. I would be happy with a base M3/Y or Polestar, but see how we go.
Someone on one of the WA Tesla group chats saw a Model 3 with "right2drive" stickers on it this week.

right2drive provide vehicles for people in exactly your situation (like-for-like vehicle provided by the at-fault party's insurance) so it's worth contacting them to see if they have any available for you.

Someone on one of the WA Tesla group chats saw a Model 3 with "right2drive" stickers on it this week.

right2drive provide vehicles for people in exactly your situation (like-for-like vehicle provided by the at-fault party's insurance) so it's worth contacting them to see if they have any available for you.
Roger, cheers. I have read some fairly alarming things about right2drive and similar services - I'll try my insurer since i claimed through them, but I'll keep it right2drive in mind if they don't provide me an adequate vehicle.

Update:
The expected repair time has come down to "closer to 2 weeks" from 4 which is good news (once the panels arrive). Also talked to my insurer about a rental car and was offered a Hybrid Camry through Budget Car Rental, or to book myself and claim back at "reasonable cost" whatever that means. Camry would be fine but i would prefer an EV. I then looked at right2drive & compass as they do EVs but found some bad & worrying business practices. They try to recover the horrendous hire costs (500$/day+ seems common) from the opponent or their insurance in your name and you have to agree to help them in any way. From calling the other party all the way to going to court if necessary. If they or you fail to do so for whatever reason you remain liable for the hire cost. It seems all hunky dory on the surface and can be very convenient for the not at fault driver, if they successfully bully the money out of the other party, but there is risk and a very questionable business model that, in the end of the day, increases the insurance cost for everyone.
I ended up ringing the at fault insurance which were not able to offer a EV either, just a hybrid Camry due to contractual obligations with Hertz, but were happy for me to book and reimburse the invoice. I now booked a Polestar 2 which was similar money to a hybrid Camry anyway so I think this is by far the best solution for everyone involved. :)

Update:
The expected repair time has come down to "closer to 2 weeks" from 4 which is good news (once the panels arrive). Also talked to my insurer about a rental car and was offered a Hybrid Camry through Budget Car Rental, or to book myself and claim back at "reasonable cost" whatever that means. Camry would be fine but i would prefer an EV. I then looked at right2drive & compass as they do EVs but found some bad & worrying business practices. They try to recover the horrendous hire costs (500$/day+ seems common) from the opponent or their insurance in your name and you have to agree to help them in any way. From calling the other party all the way to going to court if necessary. If they or you fail to do so for whatever reason you remain liable for the hire cost. It seems all hunky dory on the surface and can be very convenient for the not at fault driver, if they successfully bully the money out of the other party, but there is risk and a very questionable business model that, in the end of the day, increases the insurance cost for everyone.
I ended up ringing the at fault insurance which were not able to offer a EV either, just a hybrid Camry due to contractual obligations with Hertz, but were happy for me to book and reimburse the invoice. I now booked a Polestar 2 which was similar money to a hybrid Camry anyway so I think this is by far the best solution for everyone involved. :)
That‘s really solid information and good to know. You will enjoy the polestar2. Very comfortable car.

I then looked at right2drive & compass as they do EVs but found some bad & worrying business practices. They try to recover the horrendous hire costs (500$/day+ seems common) from the opponent or their insurance in your name and you have to agree to help them in any way. From calling the other party all the way to going to court if necessary. If they or you fail to do so for whatever reason you remain liable for the hire cost. It seems all hunky dory on the surface and can be very convenient for the not at fault driver, if they successfully bully the money out of the other party, but there is risk and a very questionable business model that, in the end of the day, increases the insurance cost for everyone.
That's good to know, I've been hearing their ads a lot and when I looked on their website about where the money to pay for the hire car comes from, it seemed they go out of their way not to say. And the ads made it sound like this is a service set in stone in the constitution.

Reactions: blubbernator
That's good to know, I've been hearing their ads a lot and when I looked on their website about where the money to pay for the hire car comes from, it seemed they go out of their way not to say. And the ads made it sound like this is a service set in stone in the constitution.
I tried calling these scammers, they answer the phone "Claims department, how can I help you?". When you ask them "Is this AAMI?", they reply "Claims department, how can I help you?". They only want to deal with you if you've been in an accident and are not at fault, their scam relies on it. If they have a website try to find an genuine Australian address, one of them used to list an address which was the tiny laneway where Mr Wongs restaurant is in Sydney.

They insert themselves into the claims process and are parasitic about it.